Why have I got an extra CD drive appearing

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help

I just noticed this tonight, although I have a feeling its been there for a while, just not noticed it.

I currently have 2 optical drives in my computer (see my sig for details). However I have 3 appearing in My Computer. I have tried to access it, and I'm told to "Place a CD in the drive". Of course I cant as the drive does not physically exist.

Also when I attempt to Eject from it (using the context menu) I manage to crash My Computer and Explorer :) Another point is that when trying to read from my DVD drive (drive E) i get the message "Place a CD in the drive" even when there is a CD in there.

Now I reckon this problem comes from me installing RedHat 8.0 last week on a small partition on my large HDD. Partition Magic reports errors upon loading as well.

So I am appealing to the great minds at Neowin for help, as this is bugging me. Oh and I dont want a format and re-install to be the first option i am greeted with, that will be as a last resort.

I use to have that i think you get that extra drive becuase maybe you installed nero imagedrive installer. when i installed thats when it started to come out so try uninstalling that see what happens... my two pennies.

oh right, ok

Thanks xp1ode. I remember installing ImageDrive a while back to see what it was...ummm cheers, I'll try that later and get back to you :D