After DRAC Firmware Upgrade default "root/calvin" no longer works

I am trying to setup an embedded DRAC card in a 2650. I changed the IP's on the card and then logged in and updated to the most recent firmware via TFTP. After the firmware upgrade went through I can no longer log into the DRAC card using root/calvin.

Did they change the default password in the newer firmware releases? If not, how do I gain access to the card to reset the default password? I do have physical access to the server.

I appreciate any help anyone can give!

When the machine is booting - you can enter the drac and setup accounts, etc.. etc.. I do not recall the key stroke off the top of my head.

I originally setup the DRAC card using the Ctrl + D option upon boot to give it a static IP but the only options I saw in this specific DRAC card was Network Settings. I will have to reboot the box later to see if the firmware upgrade changed that and will allow me to change user settings.

Thanks for the help!

hey frank! boot up to the os and try the utility "racadm" at the command prompt. There is a command there that will allow you to set the password as well as all other kinds of stuff.

let us know if that works!

hey frank! boot up to the os and try the utility "racadm" at the command prompt. There is a command there that will allow you to set the password as well as all other kinds of stuff.

let us know if that works!

After doing some research on the racadm utility I found this command to do what is needed.

racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 1 password

After I ran the command I got the following errors.

racadm config: Transport: ERROR: (RC=-1)

racadm config: Transport: ERROR: objectIdGet. RC=14

I looked them up and one of them seemed to say the reset wasn't complete? I also saw somewhere where it said the firmware upgrade might not have completed successfully. What should I do to resolve this? I was thinking of sending the command to reset the card but I was worried that it may cause more problems with the firmware upgrade not compeleting.

hmm usually when i get this error its because the rac is still resetting. Try "racadm reset" it shouldn't hurt anything then try to use the racadm tool again

hmm, try shutting down the server completely and pulling the power after it shutoff so the drac will hard reset. then plug the power in and boot up. that should fix it!

hmm, try shutting down the server completely and pulling the power after it shutoff so the drac will hard reset. then plug the power in and boot up. that should fix it!

That did the trick, I can now log into the DRAC.

Now I have another issue. After I log into the DRAC interface I can't use the remote console interface. I get the following error seen in the screenshot below.

post-28526-1219951437_thumb.jpg

I tried using the command "installppp createRacConnection" that i found on the net that could be causing this but I got the following error message.

post-28526-1219951515_thumb.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my device manager.

post-28526-1219951457_thumb.jpg

Any ideas how to resolve this?

I am not sure if OpenManage is configured or not but when i logged in I couldn't see the Remote Access Card inside as an option. See the screenshot below.

post-28526-1219964514_thumb.jpg