The Big MMA Thread

Well, if WWE can have one... (and technically WWE is not a sport!) :p

So, let's start off with one of the burning MMA questions!

Will Fedor vs. Randy ever happen? If so? Where, UFC or Affliction?

Apparently Dana White has changed his stance on Fedor now after he put away Tim Sylvia without so much as to breaking a sweat. So, as October approaches, will Dana try to cash in and get Fedor into the Octogon opening the way for Randy to return, or will be see Trump take the winnings in what will probably be one of the highest PPV buys in MMA history.

lol, sorry wasn't trying to step on your shoes Rappy. I guess not, this is more like a general MMA discussion thread and the UFC posts are PPV specific.

lol, sorry wasn't trying to step on your shoes Rappy. I guess not, this is more like a general MMA discussion thread and the UFC posts are PPV specific.

I was kidding :p

It's good to have a general news thread like with wrestling!

As for the question I really hope Fedor goes to UFC one day, but at least Affliction are putting him in there with substance of fighters.

I hope so too. I think that Randy Couture's best chance of beating him would be inside of the Octogon. As far as I'm aware Fedor has only ever fought in a ring. And also, I wanna see if the PRIDE curse that seems to have hit all of the former PRIDE fighters who have made the jump to UFC will hurt him!

I hope so too. I think that Randy Couture's best chance of beating him would be inside of the Octogon. As far as I'm aware Fedor has only ever fought in a ring. And also, I wanna see if the PRIDE curse that seems to have hit all of the former PRIDE fighters who have made the jump to UFC will hurt him!

Yeah I think Randy could really square up to Fedor in the octagon but if it goes to a ring for sure Fedor could end Randy in 2.

Someone fill me in, because I was under the impression there was bad blood between Dana and Randy now, and Randy wouldn't be working in the UFC any longer..?

Obviously something changed, I'm assuming.

Someone fill me in, because I was under the impression there was bad blood between Dana and Randy now, and Randy wouldn't be working in the UFC any longer..?

Obviously something changed, I'm assuming.

No its the same, its just that one of the reasons he left the UFC was over the fact that UFC made no move to sign Fedor as a free agent and that was the only thing keeping Randy hungry to fight in the UFC once that didn't happen he couldn't care.

You can't really blame him. At 43, he was doing the UFC a favour by still fighting and pulling in the crowds by being such a big draw.

Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock on CBS

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, the YouTube sensation who turned his backyard brawling into a career in mixed martial arts, appears to have an opponent for the next time he steps into the cage: Ken Shamrock, the MMA legend who competed in UFC 1 but hasn't won a fight in more than four years.

Sherdog is reporting that Shamrock vs. Kimbo will be the main event for EliteXC's October 4 show on CBS.

From EliteXC's perspective, Shamrock is the perfect opponent for Kimbo because he's a recognizable name within the sport of MMA, but Kimbo has a legitimate chance of beating him. Shamrock at his best would have destroyed Kimbo, but at age 44 he's long past his prime. Shamrock has lost five straight fights, all by first-round knockout.

Kimbo vs. Shamrock isn't a marquee mixed martial arts fight, but it is a fight that will get a reasonable amount of attention and perhaps get good enough ratings to keep EliteXC afloat through the year. For that reason, Shamrock is the right choice.

As much as I loved Ken Shamrock, now it just hurts me to see his name connected with a fight. Such a great, dominating fighter is completely destroying his legacy.

• 1 month later...

Funniest Thing This Year!

Round 1 - Petruzelli tries an early knee and then drops Slice with a right to the chin. Petruzelli immediately goes in for the kill and blasts the staggered heavyweight with a barrage of punches. Slice rolls to his back, and the onslaught continues. The referee moves in for the potential stoppage, and after the punches continue raining down, the bout is quickly halted. Petruzelli has stunned and silenced this Florida crowd with a remarkable performance. Seth Petruzelli def. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson via TKO -- Round 1, 0:14.

btw Shamrock had pulled out with injury!

lol, what was it I said yesterday?

As for Kimbo Slice, unless he stops running his mouth and beats someone worthy of being in the ring with him, I'm not interested.

And that is the end of that! :laugh:

But seriously, EliteXC itself seems to be a real joke. Did you see the guy they put up against Arlovski? Did he even make the upper HW limit? He was completely dead by the final round! Arlovski looked like a different, much lighter weight class!

The guy Arlovski fought was the IFL HW Champ... but the IFL only had fat out of shape redneck heavyweights, nothing like what the UFC, Elite XC, and Affliction, Dream, or any other org have thats for sure...