[Review] Audio Technica ATH-CK6 "9Styles"

Audio Technica 9Styles ATH-CK6 review.

Price:$68 at Domayne

Contents: carry pouch, S/M/L tips, 3 kinds of loops.

Introduction:

Audio Technica ATH-CK6 "9Styles" is a in-ear earphone which uses a aluminium housing for anti-vibration and better sound quality-a bit like MDR-EX90.

Design and features

These are known as 9Styles-because you can change the wearing style by putting on a different "loop".

The design of the earphones itself is minimalist-no Sony style angled design, just the familar IEM style.

The earpieces features a aluminium housing for anti-vibration and improved sound. Mine are in blue.

I really enjoyed trying out different style combinations-depending on how I want to wear these.

The tips are easily put on and are supersoft-very nice!

The loops are attached to the end of the earpiece and are easily removed and changed.

These are:

*earbud style (round)

*small loop style

*large loop style

A carry pouch is supplied-it is made of a nice material.

Cord plug is straight shaped.

Sound quality:

Sound quality is very beautiful:nicely balanced highs,mids and lows and just the right amount of bass,better than Sony's MDR-EX85.

Using this with a NWZ-A815, I found the EQ set to custom 1 and VPT off to be the best settings for the ATH-CX6.

With a S705 and ATRAC encoded music, it was supremely good with Rolling Stones tracks-nicely balanced and at the right volume (maxed but not so lid as to cause to hearing loss).

Listened to Michael Jackson and The Beatles-the sound reproduced was supreme in quality and clarity.

Overall:

I was extremely impressed by Audio Technica ATH-CK6 "9Styles" because these are well built in-ear headphones with 9 different ways of wearing them.

I give these:10/10.

Photos:

Packaging-front:

1000697df6.jpg

Packaging-back:

1000698xe9.jpg

Loop styles instructions:

1000704in1.jpg

Accessories and the earphones:

1000699ig2.jpg

Carry pouch:

1000701pp8.jpg

Edited by invaderzim_2004

• 2 weeks later...

cool ... didnt know domayne sell them... bought sennheiser in ear ones .... spent about 70 from dick smith they give out a dam good quality sound( have worked well for me fo everything basically except sometimes for whiny rock), have the volume on 1/2 of what i would of normal ear phones

only gripe about in -earponhes it that there a ***** to get in and you cant run with them

whats the warranty and...... i didnt get a carry pouch :(

There are tons of brands better than Bose. It's an over-advertised sub-par brand.

I did try the Bose earphones for like 5 minutes from a friend and they felt like a actual car system. I'm trying to find a replacement for my Zune ear-phones which are not bad, but hurt my ears. Zune premium's don't even help the cause.

underoath what invaderzim and i have bought are in AUD and the thing ways are priced the bose would probably bearound 150-200 AUD comparatively and from what ive heard................ im not paying double for marginal difference

its just dam annoying to get it in the ear sometimes..

if you go to audiophile forums on the internetz you'll see around 100-150 US, bose doesnt even get a mention... there millions of other good brands out there :p