Why do the teams cry about the USA basketball team's "traveling&qu

Why do the teams cry about the USA basketball team's "traveling"? They even go as far as saying that if the refs would have implied that rule, they would have won USA :laugh: I understand that NBA rules are different than FIBA rules but please....What ****ing difference does it make?

The Olympics is a FIBA tournament so all players should abide by FIBA rules regardless of where they play 'club' basketball.

So in a FIBA tournament NBA rules don't mean anything, as it's not an NBA game.

The Olympics is a FIBA tournament so all players should abide by FIBA rules regardless of where they play 'club' basketball.

So in a FIBA tournament NBA rules don't mean anything, as it's not an NBA game.

The game was reffed by FIBA refs..

I understand this but does this "rule" really affect the games? Please...

Its just a way to make excuses and bitch about.

are you kidding me, the amount of travelling in the NBA is stupid, they should have called it more harshly then they did. I was so happy that they were calling travelling like they were in the olympics. If these guys are so good they should be able to do it without travelling, its a rule and all they do is break it.

are you kidding me, the amount of travelling in the NBA is stupid, they should have called it more harshly then they did. I was so happy that they were calling travelling like they were in the olympics. If these guys are so good they should be able to do it without travelling, its a rule and all they do is break it.

NBA "traveling" is nothing compared the idiotic basket interference rules from fiba.

NBA "traveling" is nothing compared the idiotic basket interference rules from fiba.

FIBA rules are a lot better than NBA rules. I hate some of NBA rules.

I agree with rajputwarrior, the traveling in the NBA is stupid. I hate to see someone travel and the refs not call it.

FIBA rules are a lot better than NBA rules. I hate some of NBA rules.

I agree with rajputwarrior, the traveling in the NBA is stupid. I hate to see someone travel and the refs not call it.

What nba rules do you not like?

Things I hate in FIBA: players flopping like it's soccer, the short 3pt arc, the awful rim interference/goal tending, and the refs that never call key violations.

I'm not saying nba is perfect (far from it, I know some of that **** is rigged), but god it's much better than some ridiculous fiba rules.

What nba rules do you not like?

Things I hate in FIBA: players flopping like it's soccer, the short 3pt arc, the awful rim interference/goal tending, and the refs that never call key violations.

I'm not saying nba is perfect (far from it, I know some of that **** is rigged), but god it's much better than some ridiculous fiba rules.

I like the rim rule.

Some of the ones I don't like are like we said before the refs not calling the travellings, fouls and technical fouls, I prefer the way fouls and technicals are handled in FIBA. The worst one IMO is defensive 3 second violation, I really hate that one.

In Puerto Rico we love the NBA and its pretty big here but we play using the FIBA rules in all leagues. I grew up watching the NBA, professional basketball here in PR and international tournaments. Since I was little Ive been playing Basketball using the FIBA rules. Maybe that is why I prefer the FIBA rules and game over the NBA.

Edited by KoL

I like the rim rule.

Some of the ones I don't like are like we said before the refs not calling the travellings, fouls and technical fouls, I prefer the way fouls and technicals are handled in FIBA. The worst one IMO is defensive 3 second violation, I really hate that one.

In Puerto Rico we love the NBA and its pretty big here but we play using the FIBA rules in all leagues. I grew up watching the NBA, professional basketball here in PR and international tournaments. Since I was little Ive been playing Basketball using the FIBA rules. Maybe that is why I prefer the FIBA rules and game over the NBA.

NBA refs are far from perfect, but neither are FIBA officials--many fouls weren't called in yesterdays game. (both Spain and USA)

The lack of basket interference and 3 sec key really makes the game feel cheap in my opinion, it's just too easy for players to score/defend that way. Same thing with the restricted semi circle under the rim where offensive fouls are called far too often--a defender can simply stand under the rim and get an easy call on the driver.

That's all I ever see in international basketball--simple zone defense with planted forwards/centers in the trapezoid. They work more on their jump shot than their drive. (hell, no wonder dirk has a poor inside game :whistle: )

I will admit though that I prefer the trapezoid over the rectangle--it makes more sense and forces more skill.

If any teams disagree with the rules in an Olympic event, they should take it up with the people who set them before the games begin. To participate at all requires agreeing to adhere to the rules, which they have plenty of access to long before the games take place. Once they're on the floor and the competition starts, they're all completely aware of what's expected of them. They have no say at that point, and if they decide to start breaking rules, they risk being held accountable, and they can shut their b-b-but-the-NBA traps if they've got a problem with it.

That's all there is to it.

If any teams disagree with the rules in an Olympic event, they should take it up with the people who set them before the games begin. To participate at all requires agreeing to adhere to the rules, which they have plenty of access to long before the games take place. Once they're on the floor and the competition starts, they're all completely aware of what's expected of them. They have no say at that point, and if they decide to start breaking rules, they risk being held accountable, and they can shut their b-b-but-the-NBA traps if they've got a problem with it.

That's all there is to it.

the nba players arnt the ones complaining

the nba players arnt the ones complaining

Yeah, I know. It's the attitudes of people commenting on those complaints that get under my skin. It almost seems like there are people who think we have a right to break rules in one place just because we follow different rules at home. It's especially irritating considering all the whining and crying and fist shaking over a Chinese gymnast.

well if a team is breaking the rules and its pretty obvious and is substantial in regards of the outcome, i think the opposing countries have a right to complain and file a grievance...

but hey, thats just me