Do you use America Online?

Do you use AOL? Yes or No, I'm not interested in counting the No, only interesting in seeing the actual number of AOL users (not non-users or aol haters)  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use AOL? Yes or No, I'm not interested in counting the No, only interesting in seeing the actual number of AOL users (not non-users or aol haters)

• Yes
    • No

Do you use AOL? Yes or No, I'm not interested in counting the No, only interesting in seeing the actual number of AOL users (not non-users or aol haters)

(I don't use AOL but still wonder if they have any neowin users)

I don't use AOL to connect to the internet. But I do have an AOL account paying for $4.95 (I believe it is, my mom actually pays for it).

I don't like AOL all that much for tons of reasons that I won't get into, but I do still use the email address itself if ever needed. (Through webmail / AOL Communicator) Forget installing AOL 8 :/

Honestly, I think this thread will quickly be polluted with people who just see the title of the thread and immediately post something like "AOL sucks" or something along those lines, and I really wish that didn't have to happen. Why can't people just follow the thread starter's instructions and only post here if they use it, or at least if they don't, politely say that they don't, and just leave it at that. No need to bash the ISP/software. It's been done a million times before in other threads. Let's not turn this into yet another one.

Having said that, I actually do use it on occasion for email. My parents at home use AOL DSL Broadband (it's the least expensive DSL service in our area, and the speeds are really good on it). I prefer AOL's email over something like Yahoo or Hotmail, because there is simply way too much junk mail with them, and I only have to delete a maximum of two junk emails per day on AOL, whereas with Hotmail it's over ten. I am also a beta tester for AOL, and I must say that the functionality and features with the new releases that come out to beta testers pretty much weekly are miles ahead of the capabilities that regular AOL users have.

I started using AOL since version 1.0 and left the service shortly after 3.0 came out. I guess the only good thing that came out of it was I met my "significant other"; other than this, I don't have not much else to say about AOL.

i have an account i created when i stayed with my dad and i use it here to delete spam mail and read aol member profiles i cant read from AIM

Yes i love the keyword search and how fast it was!! :rolleyes: Man the instant messenging program rocks! But now i use Juno for $9.95!

i use AOL for 9.95 too :D

I used to before I was good at computers. :). I believe there are (2) reasons why aoHELL sucks.

1. Too many users, you can never choose a screen name.

2. You haved to use there crappy software that slows the service down EVEN more that usual. If there was DUN compatibility, it would be a little better.