UFC 91?

I really hope not it will ruin any chance of ever seeing Fedor taking on Randy.

I think that Fedor v Randy will never happen now. I just don't see Randy winning this to maintain his hype with Fedor.

Was Randy forced into this fight with Brock?

I think that Fedor v Randy will never happen now. I just don't see Randy winning this to maintain his hype with Fedor.

Was Randy forced into this fight with Brock?

Randy asked for Brock .. if Randy can beat Brock and then beat the winner of Mir/Nog the UFC will let him fight Fedor ... so yeah the Fedor fight won't happen.

UFC 91 Update:

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (28-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has begun preparations for a UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC).

Sources within Jackson's new camp at the Wolfslair Academy tell that Jackson has agreed to the Nov. 15 bout and has already begun a six-week fight camp with the U.K.-based team.

I'm not sure whats in store for a Randy vs Fedor fight with the Golden Boy bail out of Affliction. Dana ensured there would never be a co-promotion.

In order to get Randy Couture back into the UFC they both had to agree to some compromises. First Randy gets a huge pay raise, that is why he wants to fight Brock Lesnar as he now gets a nice % of the ppv revenue and they think this will be easily the highest grossing ppv event ever. Previously the record is Chuck vs Tito II which had 475,000 views at $39.99 each .. considering the UFC has increased the price $10 and the increased popularity of the UFC and the marketing of Brock Lesnar to WWE fans this will make him lots of money.

The second part was UFC had to start making efforts towards some sort of insurance for fighters and they have started to do so and Randy is satisfied with that. The third was there would be a fight with Fedor, and Dana has talked to M-1 Global and is willing to do a co-promotion but Randy has to beat Brock and the winner of Nog/Mir first and if and only then does he get Fedor in the UFC. Fedor's management has confirmed this and they said basically Randy had no other choice but to except the deal as he would be in court too long to fight Fedor any other way and this was the only chance. They also went on to say they think the UFC is setting up Randy to lose so they can take the title away from him and make sure he doesn't get to fight Fedor.

In order to get Randy Couture back into the UFC they both had to agree to some compromises. First Randy gets a huge pay raise, that is why he wants to fight Brock Lesnar as he now gets a nice % of the ppv revenue and they think this will be easily the highest grossing ppv event ever. Previously the record is Chuck vs Tito II which had 475,000 views at $39.99 each .. considering the UFC has increased the price $10 and the increased popularity of the UFC and the marketing of Brock Lesnar to WWE fans this will make him lots of money.

The second part was UFC had to start making efforts towards some sort of insurance for fighters and they have started to do so and Randy is satisfied with that. The third was there would be a fight with Fedor, and Dana has talked to M-1 Global and is willing to do a co-promotion but Randy has to beat Brock and the winner of Nog/Mir first and if and only then does he get Fedor in the UFC. Fedor's management has confirmed this and they said basically Randy had no other choice but to except the deal as he would be in court too long to fight Fedor any other way and this was the only chance. They also went on to say they think the UFC is setting up Randy to lose so they can take the title away from him and make sure he doesn't get to fight Fedor.

Sure does sound like they are setting him to lose for sure. That was my gut instinct when I hear of how the 'champ' has to fight this person and then that person in order to get his wish. Brock will be tough. I don't expect Mir to get past Nog and Nog will be tough for Randy as well. The part about Dana doing a co-promo to get Fedor in the UFC is hard to believe right now. I don't see why it couldn't happen except that any other promotion that gets to co-promote with the UFC will probably gain instant credibility. Something Dana would hate to allow happen.

IMO Lesnar should beat Couture. Couture can't even come close to the strength of Lesnar. And if we learned anything from the Herring fight, Lesnar has a lot to learn, but he has the ability to keep a person down. His wrestling background gives him the ability to control an opponent. He manhandled Herring the whole time. And, even though Couture is still in great shape, he's getting old. That plays into recovery time, endurance and his ability to take a punch.

When you watch the Herring fight, Lesnar looked like he was wrestling and missed a lot of submission positions. If he learns to strike even semi-effectively and take advantage of openings to submit his opponents, no one will touch him.

And all that showmanship at the end of fight was due to some backstage turmoil prior to the fight. Herring was mad that it was suggested to let Lesnar go out second since it was his hometown. It lead to some bad blood between the two. The behavior of Lesnar is unacceptable, but he'll learn. He apologized for it on Sunday to both Dana White and Herring.

• 4 weeks later...

UFC 91 Card Finalized

The UFC has confirmed a total of five televised fights for the Nov. 15 "UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar" event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The pay-per-view event is headlined by a UFC heavyweight championship fight between current title-holder Randy Couture, who returns from a one-year layoff following a contract dispute with the UFC, and former WWE superstar and UFC rookie Brock Lesnar.

Four other bouts, including a key lightweight bout between contenders Kenny Florian and Joe Stevenson, will also be on the televised card.

They'll be joined by "The Ultimate Fighter 7" winner Amir Sadollah, heavyweight contender Gabriel Gonzaga, and "TUF 1" alumnus Nate Quarry.

Unfortunately, relegated to the night's preliminary card are many of the UFC's top prospects, including new Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Dustin Hazelett, the high-energy Jeremy Stephens and hard-hitting "TUF 7" quarter-finalist Matt Riddle.

The full card includes:

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

* Champ Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar (for UFC heavyweight title)

* Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson

* Nick Catone vs. Amir Sadollah

* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks

* Demian Maia vs. Nate Quarry

PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)

* Dustin Hazelett vs. Tamdan McCrory

* Jorge Gurgel vs. Aaron Riley

* Jeremy Stephens vs. Rafael dos Anjos

* Mark Bocek vs. Alvin Robinson

* Matthew Riddle vs. Ryan Thomas