FiFa World Cup Draw

sorry, but could you clarify what this means? I think it means that each team in the group will face each other, then the winner in each group faces another group, and so on until 2 are left. How do you know which groups/teams play which?

Or am i completely wrong? (as usual) :p

Below is a link to the match schedule:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/t/s/g.html

Basically, all the teams play each other team in their group once. The teams which come first and second in each group go through to the Round of 16. The teams which win those matches go through to the Quarterfinals and so on until the Final, which will be played in Yokohama, Japan on the 30th of June at 20:00.

ok... now i understand. bah :cross: who would want to play the third place match? wouldn't that be a disgrace? who would want to attend? Does the winner of that match win anything?

GO ITALY!!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP THIS YEAR

WITH DELPIERO BAGGIO TOTTI VIERI AND INZAGHI

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

ITALY ALL DA WAY!!!

Originally posted by wog boy

to the australians out there who thinks that there should be direct qualification from oceania?

I would love to see Australia go through automatically, but I think we lost our chance to prove ourselves in the loss to Iran in 97. I guess we'll have to stick to playing the fifth South American team. :ermm:

Us english have got the bugger of a group. Against Argentina, Favourites to win world cup, Sweeden, who we havent beat since 1968 *and our manager is sweedish*, and Nigeria, who won a olympic title :(

.........But to be the best, u gotta play the best.....

Bring it on :D

Fifa World Cup winners 2002 ..........England *sounds great*:D