[Help] Buying a MacBook Pro

Well, I need to buy a MacBook Pro but I'm not sure if I should or not wait. I know Apple will have an event on sept 9th but it seems that it is just about music, iPods and iPhone software update (same as last year) however I've been reading some rumors of MacBook and MacBook Pro updates in the very near future. Sure, the MacBook hasn't been updated for some time, but I believe they might be updated in January, it would make sense, since Apple will probably want to use the new intel nehalem processors on the new MacBooks, I know for a fact that there won't be motherboards for these processors before october. I need to decide on the laptop to buy before October ends, so, taking these facts in consideration what do you think will happen?

I bought a current MacBook. As much as I'd love to have aluminum finish or any of the rumored new features, I'd rather have a reliability proven design because to me my laptop is very important for my day to day tasks. I can't afford to be stuck with a Rev.A product that could have potential to need repairs.

I'm not saying that all new Apple products have problems, its just I don't want to have to deal with that if it were to ever happen. You won't regret your decision either way, trust me! :)

Well, the current revision from what I've read has problems with the GeForce 8600M chip, it seems they all have the same problem and I've already seen a MBP of a friend of mine give video problems. I agree the machine is awesome it will do just fine for me, but I would love to have a keyboard like the one in MacBook Air and I'm also afraid that we will see some price cuts, because Apple computers are the most expensive ones for no good reason. A computer equivalent to a MBP here in Portugal costs 1000? less than the expensive 1799? MBP.

From what I know, mobile Nehalem chips won't be out until late 2009. Your dates refer to the desktop version.

But yes, I'd wait for the next revision. Rumours even claimed that price cuts would be likely :)

Yes you are right, I've been investigating about the processors and the next review of the MBP will most likely have the Montevina architecture. I'm not sure it will improve performance much since the cpu will still be the penryn. The price is another concern too. If I buy it now and it drops in a few weeks my wife will kill me! I guess that if I wait a while longer and the new ones come out I still get a chance to buy the current model if I don't like the new ones.