What is the ugliest car ever made?

i think the ugliest car ever is a tie between the HHR and the PT Cruiser. :x

Agreed. Was wondering when someone would mention the HHR. And to go along with that, I can't stand the SSR either. What was Chevy thinking when they made them?

The thing people dont get about the multipla is that its a great car to drive, you get loads of space etc. even clarkson says its a great car. The picture that have been put on here are of the older model(1999-200x) there a new version that looks more like your normal everyday car etc

Fiat%20multipla.jpg

I think the pt's/multipla's are a good thing. They are different and not your normal boxes on wheels.

PS I think that people who are going on about how ugly cars etc are should also post a picture or say what they drive etc.(I dont mean the car they want to drive:P)

I think the pt's/multipla's are a good thing. They are different and not your normal boxes on wheels.

PS I think that people who are going on about how ugly cars etc are should also post a picture or say what they drive etc.(I dont mean the car they want to drive:P)

Okay, I'll take your challenge with the caveat that I reserve the right to say a car is ugly and still say that it is a good car. Aesthetics are only part of the equation in my book.

73 Fleetside longbed Chevy pickup - utilitarian work truck, hauls lumber from the hardware store and my car and tools to the track. From a styling standpoint a stepside shortbed would probably be better, but I didn't buy it for it's looks. Probably an ugly vehicle I admit (and baby blue color doesn't help), but it performs it's job.

78 International Scout 2 - Trail vehicle, deep snow or zombie outbreak. Wonderful classic 4x4 styling, removable hardtop, bikini soft top, roll bar; looks and performs perfect for the trail. Maybe the old jeep CJ's are more iconic, but I'll take the looks of the Scout 2.

70 MG MGB - Not driven often because of dodgy electricals and temperamental carburetors. Styling, classic British roadster its most perfect form, maybe the Lotus Elan is better looking, but I have not run across any in my price range.

95 and 94 Miata - works fine lasts long time, 95 is the fair weather daily driver and occasional track car, 94 is non road legal and ready for spec miata come next year. Styling see above; in fact they hired a British design studio for it and they blatantly ripped of the Elan.

88 Rx-7 Turbo II - daily driver and track car. Styling it rips off the Porsche 944 (Mazda doesn't have a problem ripping designs off), people don't complain abut Porsche styling being ugly often. I think it looks better and more aggressive than the 944 truth be told. Besides the unique engine and performance is the selling point of this car.

85 Audi Quattro - Foul weather daily driver, and once I get some proper instruction, occasional amateur rally car. The styling is spot on with this car. It looks at home at the track, at the office, on the town or at the hunting club. I'm convinced there is nothing this car can't do decently well.

77 Lincoln Continental "Town Car' - My grandfather's, I picked it up from his estate auction. I'm biased as all hell I'll admit. Huge, gigantic, monstrous with the carriage top and continental tire kit. Still looks like a high end luxury car even to this day. I get better valet parking spots with it than BMW's and Jags, but that might be because they can't park it anywhere but the front. I can also fit 8 people in it easy. Did I mention it is large?

Apart from the pickup and there is not really a lot of options there. I stand by the styling on all my vehicles. Eventually I'll get around to a 50's stepside pickup done up nice. Maybe after I do up a good grand touring car.

The multipla in the original form is ugly as sin. I don't care how great it drives or what Clarkson says. It still looks terrible, it might still be a good car. If I had a need for such a vehicle I might buy it if it drove wonderfully, but would probably look for a better styled comparable vehicle. The fact that the newer one posted looks better is even more reason to hate the looks of the original. They didn't have to make it look like that; they chose to. That is the real crime.

rathefeare,

I agree the multipla that is shown is ugly. I know I owned one(in yellow. The kids called it the septic frog), I did not buy it for it looks but for what i need it for, Big boot space and six seats.

But I do not agree the Pt cruiser is ugly. I think they look qood so there :p. mmm does not help that I now own one in red like this one below.

WG07RXF.jpg

Edited by TheReaperMan

Reaper,

PT cruiser isn't really my thing, but I would not call it ugly either. I like the lines and the retro look. I don't think it is even close to being as ugly as the first gen multipla in fact it looks cooler to me than most "wagon" types made today. I give it one thumb up on styling. There are horses for courses and cars for different people.

Reaper,

PT cruiser isn't really my thing, but I would not call it ugly either. I like the lines and the retro look. I don't think it is even close to being as ugly as the first gen multipla in fact it looks cooler to me than most "wagon" types made today. I give it one thumb up on styling. There are horses for courses and cars for different people.

I agree with you on that and here is a car I think is ulgy.

pacer.jpg

The Aztec.... and the new body BMW X5, I don't like it too much but I'd still hit it.

and the Cayenne? what you guys out of your ****ing minds?

Isn't that a map from CS?

de_aztec

I always disliked the Fiat Multipla;

40-fiat-multipla.jpg

Yes, reminds me of a Mushroom.

Most cars these days are ugly.

They are very similar and have no character.

Unless of course, the big players create the sporty cars like Lotus, the Lotus Esprit, Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige or Lotus Exige Sport to name 4.

Best looking car IMHO is the Ford Zephyr (1964 or 1969).

1964_Ford_Zephyr_Six_MK_III_Saloon_FCH901.jpg