You never think its gunna happen to you... til it does! :(

i got the red rings friday! :(

so im in an exclusive club with millions more like me! lol. im a little annoyed, but also happy that M$ will fix it for me for free and they assured me that the process is quick now and that ill get my console back in 1.5 weeks. they didnt send me a box though, just an electronic printout so i had to package it myself and drop it at the local ups.

was i that surprised? my console was manufactured in Oct 2006 so not completley ;) i know the chances of them making a mistake and sending me backa 360 with hdmi is slim, but i can hope! lol i just dont know what im gunna do til the 360 comes back. i was halfway through bioshock! and ever since i finished MGS4 ive had little to no reason to turn on my ps3 -except to watch a bluray movie.

i think ill rent ratchet and clank for the ps3 ;) ive been meaning to get around to playing that one.

expect your xbox back in 3-5 days.. this is based on me and 4 of my friends. I got mine back in 3 days, so did buddy 1, buddy 2,3 got theirs in 4days and buddy 5 got it in 5 days. They are really quick. My first xbox ran 3 months without RROD, the replacement so far is running 1 year and going smooth. Screw PS3, the 360 is still awesome...with a 3 year warranty, who cares if it dies.. u get a new one :p

The wait time depends pretty heavily on where you live. I sent my machine into UPS about two weeks ago, and I'm still waiting. I'm in Edmonton and the shop is in Toronto, so it hardly comes as a surprise.

Getting a free replacement is nice, but I can't shake the feeling that it's basically a cycle. My refurbished machine will eventually die, and I'll have to go through this entire ordeal again. Makes a PS3 look quite attractive indeed...

I've made a pact with myself that if my release 360 ever gets RROD or just dies in general, I'm just going to purchase a new one. Get HDMI and a bigger HD.

But, mine is still going strong and thus far its never crapped out.

Ugh, it's not like the ps3 doesn't have heat problems. I can't even count the amount of times my PS3 fans have kicked into overdrive, become louder than my 360 and kicked out an immense amount of heat. I fully expect it to fail sooner or later.

As for your 360, don't worry the whole process is very speedy now. It's not unheard of for them to ship a new console back to you, depends how busy the repair centre is. Lucky i've had 1 rrod from a launch console, and since the repair it's been rock solid (Y)

My PS3 is a lot louder than my 360, I'm sure there is something wrong with it because it was never like this when I first got it or the immediate months after. Only since April/May it got really bad :/

My friend got his 360 back the other day. Took around a week for it to be sent/fixed/sent back :)

My brothers was sent off last week, it was delivered to the factory(?) 2 days ago, let's see when he gets his back ;D

Sorry to hear about you getting the RROD, I'm bricking myself as mine hasn't Red Ringed in over 18 months. My Launch console lasted 18 months itself :p

My brothers was sent off last week, it was delivered to the factory(?) 2 days ago, let's see when he gets his back ;D

Sorry to hear about you getting the RROD, I'm bricking myself as mine hasn't Red Ringed in over 18 months. My Launch console lasted 18 months itself :p

lol that makes me feel better thanks, but i gotta be honest with you- with very little reason to turn on my ps3 this might have been a blessing in disguise as now that i dont have a 360 to play i am actuall STUDYING! LOL

My PS3 is a lot louder than my 360, I'm sure there is something wrong with it because it was never like this when I first got it or the immediate months after. Only since April/May it got really bad :/

Hoovering out the back of the console worked a treat on the PS2 :p

By the way, the "use your own box" idea actually cuts nearly a week off processing time for your repair ;)

I have an August '06 XBox still going strong, so hopefully it will cut out in time for my january modules :p

• 2 weeks later...
i got my 360 back!

and i actually got it back quite fast! lol one week- not bad.

now im knee deep into mercs 2

i guess i better change my sig and avatar lol!

Congrats man! One week is pretty damn fast!

:|

i got my 360 back!

and i actually got it back quite fast! lol one week- not bad.

Same time scale as my friend :)

Congrats on getting it back, only down side is there's no XBL today :p

Congrats man, and welcome back to the fun.

BTW, what do you think of mercs 2?

thanks man

mercs 2 is pretty good so far, but theres something missing, i cant quite put my finger on it. i think i need to play it more, but its missing that thing that would make it as cool as GTA in that whole sandbox game type way. it is very similar to just cause what with the jungle backdrop and factions. ill let you know when i put some more time into it. so far it doesnt have a very compelling story that makes me want to keep playing to uncover more. im just happy blowing **** up. i think thats what its missing, this is gunna sound weird, but maybe its a little tooo open ended. it feels very aimless... not tight in the way that gta's missions are setup. i can see a definant progression in the story where you slowly uncover new factions and their areas, but it feels sooo out there and loose not on any kind of real time table.

thanks man

mercs 2 is pretty good so far, but theres something missing, i cant quite put my finger on it. i think i need to play it more, but its missing that thing that would make it as cool as GTA in that whole sandbox game type way. it is very similar to just cause what with the jungle backdrop and factions. ill let you know when i put some more time into it. so far it doesnt have a very compelling story that makes me want to keep playing to uncover more. im just happy blowing **** up. i think thats what its missing, this is gunna sound weird, but maybe its a little tooo open ended. it feels very aimless... not tight in the way that gta's missions are setup. i can see a definant progression in the story where you slowly uncover new factions and their areas, but it feels sooo out there and loose not on any kind of real time table.

Thats not.... cool? My brother was asking me about this one and I told him I wasn't interested in the first so I had no passion to look into the second one. Told him to wait for Gears 2 instead :p

Games have to have a point to be fun. If not its a waste of time so I understand where your coming from.

You're absolutely right, I never thought it would happen to me, but it did :|

Thank God I got my 360 back in time for Tales of Vesperia :p