Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.5

Shame, the Mac Pro (8800gt) still runs that new iTunes visualizer like ass...

Strange, it runs perfectly on my Geforce 8600M GT.

Wow... I'm not 100% sure, but I had to shut down Time Machine since August because it was just not working anymore with my Time Capsule. Seems to be fixed now!

If I'm not angry for 7 more days, it means it's fixed!

No problems to report of. Normal temperature, normal everything else.

You know what they say. No new is good news.

i just noticed... how long since you updated your sig? :D gmail is open to public since.. feb. 2007! :D

update! yay! =) thanks.

ill update tonight when i get home.

something to look forward to.

Honestly Im starting to think this is the best Leopard update along 10.5.2

My system feels blazing fast!

Agreed, my MacBook Pro is running smoother with 10.5.5 (Spotlight is faster, user interface animations are more fluid, etc). All of my applications are still working fine. I'm also not getting graphics freezes and NVChannel(GL) errors in the Console when using Front Row or other applications that heavily utilize Quartz. :D

Agreed, my MacBook Pro is running smoother with 10.5.5 (Spotlight is faster, user interface animations are more fluid, etc). All of my applications are still working fine. I'm also not getting graphics freezes and NVChannel(GL) errors in the Console when using Front Row or other applications that heavily utilize Quartz. :D

Not a single complaint there dude :D

About time you had something positive to say! I was just searching for NVChannel in my chat log, you've said it over 50 times over the past two months dude :D

My battery life has greatly improved, everything seems to be running slightly faster, nice update! :)

My MacBook isnt running as hot as it was before CPU A is at about 52 C*, it was at 69 C* this morning. Airport Card is still extremely hot at 70 C* :(

As for the Time Machine and Time Capsule thing I was saying earlier, no it doesn't work.

I think I have to scrap everything that was saved and start a brand new Time Machine backup. Big letdown here...

I might try to figure out something else though. But all in all, it can't write files, as the virtual disk used for time machine is in read-only mode... when I want to mount it, it says "ressources not available" wtf.

Not a single complaint there dude :D

About time you had something positive to say! I was just searching for NVChannel in my chat log, you've said it over 50 times over the past two months dude :D

Haha I know, the NVChannel(GL) issue has been plaguing my Mac since 10.5.2. It started out as the common "not being able to wake from sleep" issue and then with 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 heavy utilization would cause it to freak out. I am very happy that 10.5.5 has indeed resolved the issue. As a side note, iStat Pro reports that my GPU diode is ~10*C cooler than what it used to be (55*C instead of 65 to 75*C depending on usage).

Just finished updating both iMac and MacBook. The iMac update was bigger for me. Spotlight is a little quicker, but otherwise, seems exactly the same as .4 to me.

Honestly Im starting to think this is the best Leopard update along 10.5.2

My system feels blazing fast!

Seriously.

My MBP has never been that great with leopard for some reason, even after formats but since this update, everything is running very nicely. I've also moved my aperture/itunes library to an external hdd, so everything is running pretty sweet for me. The only issue that remains are my slow startups.

Seriously.

My MBP has never been that great with leopard for some reason, even after formats but since this update, everything is running very nicely. I've also moved my aperture/itunes library to an external hdd, so everything is running pretty sweet for me. The only issue that remains are my slow startups.

Indeed startups are a pain in .... yeah.

I remember when I installed a beta of Leopard, no matter what I did to it, it started in like 20 seconds. The final version doesn't really do that-- :s

Seriously.

same system hardware here and its running perfectly, I dunno whats up with your system.