hiding wires

Im looking into getting a wall mount for my 40" LCD. but my problem is i have a x360 and a HD cable box and i dont know how to hide all the wires. i dont want the tv on the wall with wires hanging down to the console and everything.

Do you have a stud wall behind the tv? If so, you can drill into the wall and create a cable channel behind the plaster, and then 'hook' the cables down with a piece of string/wire attached to the bundle of cables; while mounting your tv with something drilled into the stud. Alternatively (if you really fancy re-plastering your wall you could accommodate the cables there).

This isn't a plug, but you'll get lots more threads on this at AVForums. Good Luck :)

You can run the hdmi cables down the inside of the wall but you will need to add an extra power socket behind the tv mount point. Appliance power cables shouldn't be run down the inside of the wall. Also I bet it has a moulded plug so you would have to cut that off and then feed the cable down the wall, re attach a plug and it will need to be long enough to reach socket. Easier and safer to fit a socket.

You'll probably encounter noggins. So the best way to do this is to cut a channel all the way down, remove the plasterboard. Then run all cables and make wooden spacers to fix to the wall that will hold the new plasterboard at the correct hight and keep the cables in the channel. (you can even add a conduit which would make future cable addition easier.) Then cut some plaster board strips to the correct width and cover up the channel. Skim new board, paint. Job done.

• 1 month later...