using magicjack in the UK?

damn, that looks sweet... and like scam tho :p

too bad im in israel.

they don't say UK, so even if it is real, i extremely doubt it will work

I have a MagicJack.

As far as I know it's for the USA & Canada.

It will work 'free' if you have 1 and call people in the USA/Canada.

You won't get free calls inside the UK, unless the other party also has a MJ.

I have a MagicJack.

As far as I know it's for the USA & Canada.

It will work 'free' if you have 1 and call people in the USA/Canada.

You won't get free calls inside the UK, unless the other party also has a MJ.

free for good or you buy "time?"

there is a yearly fee. 20bucks a year after the first year that you buy it and it basically gives you a phone number inside the US or canada. and you can make calls to that number for free...

i think the point here is that since it gives you a number on the intertnet it could careless if you are in US or in japan. it just gives you a number that responds to a us telephone. whenever someone from the US calls that number it's free.... so you can use your US number in the UK if you like?

it's the last part that i am not too sure about. otherwise it is ligit and my parents have already recieved the product.

• 5 months later...
hey, http://www.magicjack.com/9/index.asp seems pretty neat and seems like what i need.

I am in the UK studying mathematics for a year and am wondering whether this would work for me and if anyone here has had any experience with it.

please let me know what you think of it.

thanks,

RK

the work great. i think you can only get a us phone number ATM. but you plug it into your ccomputer and hook your computer to the internet. it works fine but there is some terms

they may monitor your phone calls to targert ads to your preferences.....

you have to leave the software running all the time

it will run you 40bucks for your first year getting the unit its self ....they will offer you a discount 5 years for 50 bucks which is 80 cents a month....... dont buy from and spammers on this site radio shack, bestbuy, sells it