CBS Elite XC

Anyone watch it?

Arlovski was impressive and I cannot believe Kimbo got knocked out that quickly by Petruzelli. Overall the event wasn't bad, they are getting better and better as they go on. Too bad Shamrock got hurt, would have been nice to see him fight again, especially against Kimbo.

Yeah I just commented in the MMA thread under this one :p

but yeah I lol'd at Kimbo to think they were trying to match him up with Fedor...

Damn, meant to watch this. Would have loved to seen Kimbo get knocked out honestly.

Blinked and you would of missed it :p

Yeah no kidding. I just watched it on YouTube. It was really that great first punch as Kimbo lunged that sealed the deal. The other punches were just insurance. LOL

This is bad for CBS. They can't protect Kimbo anymore. The guy with the shoddy ear would've kicked his ace if his ear hadn't exploded. Gary "Big Daddy" Goodrich said he'd fight him for free; just to show he could kick his butt.

My opinion? Back to the streets ya go Kimbo.

i think if kimbo gets the right people around him he can be good. From what i see its just a bunch of friends... He needs a real team around him

What I noticed most was the exposure of Kimbo's one dimension fighting as he seemed to be so focused on taking an opponent like Shamrock down to show he has ground game, he never had a chance to stick with his guns and brawl which would have served him better. Not saying he is a great MMA fighter to begin with. He got rocked and cut by a hard arm punch. Unfortunate for Kimbo but I made out on the upset lol.

Like I said in the other thread, it looks like EliteXC is turning in to a right joke! Feeding all the big names to complete cans (Arlovski vs Nelson) The only possible match up I am remotely interested in, is Tito Oritz vs. Frank Shamrock.

As for Kimbo, I'd love to see someone like Tim Sylvia completely own him! :D

Like I said in the other thread, it looks like EliteXC is turning in to a right joke! Feeding all the big names to complete cans (Arlovski vs Nelson) The only possible match up I am remotely interested in, is Tito Oritz vs. Frank Shamrock.

Uber Fail :p

Well its time to go back to youtube for Kimbo.

Actually, I believe the Arlovski vs Nelson was originally slated for the Affliction event that got canceled. EliteXC has some good match ups too and I don't mind them at least trying to break into the scene. I'm not much into monopolies (UFC). Kimbo was a big gamble for them.

i wouldn't diss elite xc that easily. It's getting better and better. They gotta stray away from kimbo and now that they gota affliction behind them, it can only get better. More fight organizations the better, it makes Dana and the UFC work a lot harder. The entire event wasn't bad, i have seen some worst UFC events.

i wouldn't diss elite xc that easily. It's getting better and better. They gotta stray away from kimbo and now that they gota affliction behind them, it can only get better. More fight organizations the better, it makes Dana and the UFC work a lot harder. The entire event wasn't bad, i have seen some worst UFC events.

Echo that. BTW, did anyone notice Benji's discipline? Face Smashing. I like it and he certainly showed it on Ninja lol although he got lucky cause he was about to gas.

This is bad for CBS. They can't protect Kimbo anymore. The guy with the shoddy ear would've kicked his ace if his ear hadn't exploded. Gary "Big Daddy" Goodrich said he'd fight him for free; just to show he could kick his butt.

What a great comment Mike. CBS put all their hopes along with EliteXC on this free prime time venture. I had written an article just two days before this last Kimbo fight where I kept saying how overrated an MMA fighter he is. The guy is strong and tough but he is not a professional MMA fighter.

Seth Petruzelli is a small heavyweight at 205 pounds, he came in with pink highlights and a matching pink mouthpiece, now that's adding some insult to injury (j/k).

k, in kimbo's defense (and i am not saying that he is a good fighter, cause hes not). He toke the fight last second, like literally, and everyone, and i mean EVERYONE has a bad fight. Remember Liddel vs Jardine? Or how about GSP vs Sara? **** happens, what makes a fighter is how he rebounds, if he does this stuff again in his next fight, then i would think it would be fair to criticize him like all of you are.

the thing is, Kimbo is a brawler, he should've been able to stand and bang with this guy thats his thing, punching people in the face... throw someone that isn't a washed up has been at him and look what happens...in his last fight a guy that got KO'd in round 1 takes kimbo all the way to the third round... and now a guy who fights a LHW beats him on short notice, at his own game, standing on one foot with one hand behind his back.... (if you watch it again his left hand is behind him and he has his left leg up throwing a front kick and knocks him down with a right hook)

k, in kimbo's defense (and i am not saying that he is a good fighter, cause hes not). He toke the fight last second, like literally, and everyone, and i mean EVERYONE has a bad fight. Remember Liddel vs Jardine? Or how about GSP vs Sara? **** happens, what makes a fighter is how he rebounds, if he does this stuff again in his next fight, then i would think it would be fair to criticize him like all of you are.

What?

Kimbo had a few months notice. Petruzelli had ONE HOUR'S notice. Kimbo got made into a bitch and everyone was a witness. THAT'S humiliation.

And yeah I know that it could have been a bad day. Look at Brock Lesnar. I was thinking he would retire undefeated (well, unless he fought Fedor), but look what happened, he tapped out to a relatively middle-class fighter.

Kimbo had a few months to train for a fight with ken shamrock not petruzelli two completely differnt style of fighters not to mention Seth was supposed to fight someone else as well that night...

Not to mention the punch that put Kimbo down must have been accurately lucky. It was nearly a jab that did it and Kimbo got hit with bigger punches in the Thompson fight. Not downplaying Seth's skill but to say he was some great seasoned MMA fighter because of this win is really jumping to conclusions.

Seth is a good fighter, if I remember correctly he even has wins in K1 against some big compatition... I know he beat bob sapp...and that punch was a looping right hook not a jab, and it had good power on it by the way kombos head shook when he was hit

What?

Kimbo had a few months notice. Petruzelli had ONE HOUR'S notice. Kimbo got made into a bitch and everyone was a witness. THAT'S humiliation.

And yeah I know that it could have been a bad day. Look at Brock Lesnar. I was thinking he would retire undefeated (well, unless he fought Fedor), but look what happened, he tapped out to a relatively middle-class fighter.

They both were prepared to fight that night, but neither knew they would fight each other.

As many have said, everyone gets caught - if he gets KO'ed again like this one more time, I'd say he's done.

Seth is a good fighter, if I remember correctly he even has wins in K1 against some big compatition... I know he beat bob sapp...and that punch was a looping right hook not a jab, and it had good power on it by the way kombos head shook when he was hit

It was an arm punch, watch it again. No looping right hook, just a little straight punch. Unless you have a better angle that can prove otherwise. Forward to around 1:38. Not to mention its tough to get 'good' power when you got one leg up moving backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>.swf'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-gnF_ChjII&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>.swf' WIDTH='425' HEIGHT='355' PLAY='TRUE' LOOP='TRUE' QUALITY='HIGH'>