a new site for all you super l33t designers to rate

Question

check out my site and tell me what u think:

sheilnaik.com

it's basically a site about me. notice that there are hardly any graphics on the site - mostly because i can't grafx design for my life. :(

if you think it sucks, keep in mind that it was made by a 14 year old, not some genius professional web designer.

- sheil

20 answers to this question

Thats a pretty cool site. I didn't know jack about building web pages when I was 14. I guess kids are getting into technology younger and younger.

p.s. How do you like your XBOX?

Originally posted by Captain Phatty

Thats a pretty cool site. I didn't know jack about building web pages when I was 14. I guess kids are getting into technology younger and younger.

Yep...I got started with computers when I was about 10 or 11 and I've been hooked ever since! :) (like match made in heaven)

p.s. How do you like your XBOX?

the xbox kicks ass! halo is probably the best game i have ever played in my entire life, and i also got this snowboarding game amped, which allows you to import cd tracks to listen to while you snowboard. cool as hell.

Originally posted by Cubano

I like the whole color theme, goes real easy on the

eyes.

Gray is one of my fav colors!!!!

thanks man. i originally had it blue and white, but my friend messed around with dreamweaver and got the colors HE liked, and it looked pretty sweet so i kept it. also, getting my own domain name was pretty awesome, and i found an awesome registar that charges only $8 bucks a year! plus your own email address (Stargate Inc. for those of you who are curious)

I have it forward to my ip address where i'm running apache web server on windows xp to host the site.

Nice site mate, I wish I knew how to work flash. :p

I started making websites a few years ago (I'm 15 now), if you keep it up you'll land yourself a few jobs. :)

I've been into computers since I was about 7 or 8 and have made websites for years. I even got paid for making a website for a choir [Liverpool Male Voice Choir]. I'm now 16. At the moment my 'pet' project is this .

As for Flash, I've made some crude Flash movies BUT I'd love to be able to do site where you navigate by Flash [complex skipping and jumping of frames and all; Flash 6 Beta is out so I'll wait for the final version and see if it's any easier to use].

Thanks a lot! :)

I have dreamt of this website for a long time now...

Now it's becoming true :)

I just need the visitors support by visiting the

website, showing me they like what I do.

Thank you again :)

[WiNuX]

For any of you that wanna do some flash that don't wanna learn flash or take the time to theres a app called swish at www.swishzone.com you can get and do alot of flash's cool effects easily. I use it once and awhile when i need something done fast like a fade in and out and stuff like that its very helpfull in those situations :)

WiNuX - You might want to check the clock on your site, it seems to have a little problem with minutes below 10. But other than that, it looks sweet.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Peace

wonderful site, it displays the content in an easy and understandable way, and that's a true gift that sometimes even pro webdesigners don't have, the content is king ;)

Originally posted by trikster

the xbox kicks ass! halo is probably the best game i have ever played in my entire life, and i also got this snowboarding game amped, which allows you to import cd tracks to listen to while you snowboard. cool as hell.

don't talk about snowboarding.... i broke my left arm today while snowboarding........ and it's only my 2nd time.... :dead: :dead: :dead:

@trikster: Great site I like the design a lot :) Keep up the good work... one thing i think you might be able to change is "pad" the titlebar of the tables a bit more - i believe the attribute is cellpadding but i'm not sure - I'm not a layout coder I do the back end stuff on ColdFusion.

Tingle - Cool I'm 15 too and I wish I could take care of something this big :) Well... I'm getting there ^_^ (in ColdFusion, which has got to be the most expensive language to learn unless u download their crippleware LOL)... mind sharing how you learned PHP? good hosts (for free, remember i'm 15 too :D)

Originally posted by Flip_Kid

...mind sharing how you learned PHP? good hosts (for free, remember i'm 15 too :D)

well....first of all, i didn't exactly learn PhP...I kinda just edited some scripts I found on the internet. And about hosting, I PMed u.