[Poll] New Neowin Design

Do you like the new Neowin design?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Neowin design?

• Perfect, much better than the old version.
    • It's an improvement on the old version.
    • With improvements, it could be better than the old version.
    • I'm not fussed either way.
    • It's not better, but any change is good.
    • I liked the older version better.
    • I appreciate the effort, but I hate it.

with improvements could be better than old one. reason:

the header is better but i prefer the 'X new messages' link to be there so i've made a script to add it for me. The page content needs work as the articles dont stand out and contain less information than before and, imo, are overpowered by the ads. The latest activity also needs an option to show more items and the refresh button needs to work :p

It will be cool if they upgrade the forums with the new skin, I hate when something does not combine, image a person having a white shirt with yellow shoes and blue pants... looks like a clown.

With improvements, it could be better than the old version.

Overall, I think it's a very good skin.

I just wish it didn't have a fixed width unlike the previous Neowin skins.

I'm unsure if I prefer the color scheme to the current one. It's possibly a little too dark for my liking.

I prefer the way the articles were laid out in previous versions. Each article only has four lines of text, and you have to click Read on to read the whole article. It was nicer the way it was done before, with the whole article on the front page.

Also, with the fixed width of the page (which on my 1680*1050 resolution is quite narrow) the ads between the articles narrow the text too much.

I'm just waiting for the Forum skin - I don't spend any time outside of the Forum area here.

+1

Its going to be days! not the words of Rappy but the comments of Creamhackered :p

Comments on main page, forum skin and width issues are the main concerns along with cramped news and not being able to see the news clearly. We understand the issues and they will all be addressed but for now just bare with us as we tweak it

The forum skin should come in days not months like last time

I love the new design, just waiting for us to see v5 on the forum skin now! :yes: The Shift design feels like it was just yesterday... its amazing how time flies.

It's an improvement on the old version.

Just wish it was "wider" so we could read the news easier. It just reminds me of www.betanews.com

My constructive feedback:

1. Make it wider.

2. Replace the dropdown arrows beside 'control panel', 'main', and 'irc'.

3. It's too dark and contrasting. Use lighter shades of blue.

4. 'Neowin' in 'Neowin.net' looks stretched vertically.

5. Try rounding off the top right and left corners a bit more.

6. The divide between news items is too subtle when compared to the rest of the contrasting design.

7. There's no contributor or comment count for news items.

With improvements, it could be better than the old version.

Just please make it wider, hate it when in the days of widescreen displays we're still limited to some fixed width on webpages.