Creative Suite 4 - Terrible!

Question

I was so excited for creative suite 4, especially for adobe photoshop 64bit and GPU accelaration. I tried the trial and photoshop was performing horribly it had horrible redraw issues when all i was doing was moving some text left and right. I compiled an app with Flash CS4 had a plethora of problems where it had been fine with CS3.

I am disappointed that adobe have released unfinished software. I was wondering if anyone else had tried CS4 yet?

Aaaah damn! That sucks, are you sure its not your machine? I was looking really forward to this release..

Me too. I'm tyring to get my company to upgrade from CS2 but if what you say is true, I might just ask them to wait a while until the whole product line is stable.

Scirwode

Aaaah damn! That sucks, are you sure its not your machine? I was looking really forward to this release..

It could be, which was why I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. Although my machine is not that bad it has e6600, 4gigs, 8800GTS 640.

Although my machine is not that bad it has e6600, 4gigs, 8800GTS 640.

Hopefully it will work well on my ****ty rig; A64X2 3800, 2.5GB RAM, 8500GT. :cry:

EDIT: I'm reformatting, then downloading.

I hope that its just a driver issue or your PC's software conflicting or something. I'm getting Master Collection CS4 through my job and don't like buggy software. Let's hope my Q9550, 4GB DDR2-1066 and 4850X2 can handle the load.

Well , seems fine for me .. not so exited about the new GPU enhancements (especially 'birdeye' zoom) but seems a good addition until now .. Intel PentiumD 805+3GbRam & works great .

For curious ..

72ef27e035d0203a203d3683d655bf80.jpg

It could be, which was why I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. Although my machine is not that bad it has e6600, 4gigs, 8800GTS 640.

since CS4 have gpu accelration with cuda

update you graphic driver

here

that could help

I hope that its just a driver issue or your PC's software conflicting or something. I'm getting Master Collection CS4 through my job and don't like buggy software. Let's hope my Q9550, 4GB DDR2-1066 and 4850X2 can handle the load.

ah with monster rig and hope doesn't fit will in one line :no:

Hmm thank hell others are fine... i think im more gutted i missed that there are even trial versions of the software out now lol. work with photoshop/indesign/dreamweaver & director every day... and i missed this! tut.

I just got the Trial yesterday. Yet it was looking as it was smooth on my system...

What you have as OS?

since CS4 have gpu accelration with cuda
photoshop CS4 use OpenGL rendering.

It work on all 3D Cards with OpenGL 2.0 and Pixel Shaders 3.0 with 512MB

I got the trial as well and damn is it faster and smoother than CS3 :) cool stuff

I just got the Trial yesterday. Yet it was looking as it was smooth on my system...

What you have as OS?

photoshop CS4 use OpenGL rendering.

It work on all 3D Cards with OpenGL 2.0 and Pixel Shaders 3.0 with 512MB

"Because of potentially long download times, the suite edition trials are available only on DVD sets."

Direct from the FAQ : http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/trial/faq/

So those that have the Trial of the suite haven't got it from Adobe legitimately, that I can tell.

I signed up and didn't receive anything :(

dude no one pirates photoshop

Already posted about it in another thread, but its running dead awful on my Mac Pro with the 8800GT. Getting massive artifacts in the layer window when ever I try to do anything. Also when I make changes to a layer, I can't see them unless i resize the window, zoom in or out, or do something that refreshes the current document. Shame, glad I kept CS3 installed.

post-1912-1224387539_thumb.png

heh... i dont know me, my friend came to my house with this on his usb key.

all i know it's a simple legit trial. :hmmm:

wow thats freaky timan o.o

I know for a fact I didn't get this illegally, I downloaded it right from their Servers. Do you think it is possible that they took them offline for now cause of too many downloads?