Why are my pictures blurry on Blogger?

Question

9 answers to this question

The reason is because your flickr pictures, for example are, 500w x 375h. Your blogger is setting the width to 320pixels wide. When web browsers "downsize" the images like this, you're not going to get a super clear/crisp image. If you want it to be clear, you would first need to resize your flickr image to the width of 320 pixels (in something like Photoshop), and then upload, so that its the exact dimensions.

However, like others have mentioned, I don't really see anything wrong - the pictures look fine to me.

I find what you guys say to be really strange. It doesn't matter if I was on IE7 or FF 3.0, the pictures appear blurry to me. Could it have to do with the fact that I'm using a 1680x1050 monitor?

I find what you guys say to be really strange. It doesn't matter if I was on IE7 or FF 3.0, the pictures appear blurry to me. Could it have to do with the fact that I'm using a 1680x1050 monitor?

Certainly if you're running at the non-native resolution of your screen things will look blurry.

How about taking a screenshot so we can see what you see - if it seems fine to us then it's likely it's your display settings.

Certainly if you're running at the non-native resolution of your screen things will look blurry.

How about taking a screenshot so we can see what you see - if it seems fine to us then it's likely it's your display settings.

I'm running my LCD at native resolution. Maybe I'll take a screenshot later and post it.