Sports... bah!

After almost 2.5 years of sitting on a desk at work, avoiding sports in general, I though to pick up biking again. After my two short test tours to check if I fixed my bike correctly, I did the first big tour today, we had a total of 45km thru city and woods. But the funniest thing was the initial tiredness in middle of the woods after 8-10km. I did hyperventilate and left my breakfast there. This taught me one thing, I won't skip sports anymore. :blush:

Tom Servo

Most active in: General Discussion

499 posts in this forum

( 31% of this member's posts )

499 post in General Discussion... 500 is comming next... Congrats.

500? Heh, that's nothing, check my overall postcount. 2000 soon! :D

Not like I care though, because I'm going to miss that. I never care about the postcount.

Everyone should do a sport to keep fit, Biking, jogging, Ball sports like football etc..

If you sit at your computer all day you will get fat & lazy..

I agree and i'm getting fat :laugh:

Good thing i go for a bike ride or to run sometimes.

Exercise is something I need to get into more... I just can't motivate myself enough to do it though despite being worried about things like heart disease and getting to be a total lazy fat slob.

I have 2x 8 mile walks next week though.. my car is getting taken in to the bodyshop to get some damage fixed (attempted break in) - gotta walk my ass to work for two days - 8 mile round trip! Just hope the weather holds :)

MUST motivate self!!

yeah, it is hard after you just sit around for a while being lazy :) i just started rock climbing again (after about a year of doing nothing) and its real hard getting back into the routine.

how could you live without sports? its a fun, great way to exercise and you meet a lot of people. so its actually good for you. and like most people have found out, once you finish up with exercise then start again later on, its much harder than it seems to get back into it

i don't like school sports. i think the place for sports is in the community, where you aren't forced to listen to it... grr... school is a place for learning (although, picking up chicks is a plus)

Its really annoying, I enjoy doing sports (even school sports :p) but I can barely do 3-5 Hours a week, as I have a bad knee (injured it when I was about 5 years old, and its always caused me problems :( ) That and the fact that I also have a bad back (runs in the family apparently :angry: ) really doesn't help.

i don't like school sports. i think the place for sports is in the community, where you aren't forced to listen to it... grr... school is a place for learning (although, picking up chicks is a plus)

Yes, you can learn to play sports too.