Anybody know any good decently-priced Component switcher?

I have an SDTV and it has one Composite and one Component input. I use Component for DVDs and Composite for video games. The problem is, I hate the way the video games look in composite. Since my component input is being used by the DVD player, I can't use component for video games. So, I would like to try and get a video selector. I've been researching like crazy and I can't find a decent Component video selector for a decent price. They either degrade the picture or are priced ridiculously high at around $40-50. I was hoping to find one for about $20-25. So, does anyone know any decent Component video selector that's decently-priced? I would like one that holds up to 3-4 devices.

$40-50 isn't a high price at all. You're not gonna find one that does what you want for under that. Specially if you want 3-4 inputs.

Why not just manually switch if it bothers you that much?

Wow! Why are they priced so high? I remember when I bought my composite switcher for only $20.

Because composite sucks in comparison.

Composite uses 2 audio and 1 video.

Component used 3 video and 2 audio. And most Component switches actually have svideo also. More ports = more money.

I just got back from RadioShack and they charge $80 for a Component selector. Geez! Maybe $40 would've been ok, but not $80. What is with the greed? I think I'll stick to Composite if this is the price I'm going to pay. No way am I paying $80 for a switcher. Might as well just get a new TV.

Because composite sucks in comparison.

Composite uses 2 audio and 1 video.

Component used 3 video and 2 audio. And most Component switches actually have svideo also. More ports = more money.

I forgot to mention that my composite switcher also has S-video. From what I researched, S-video is pretty much the same as component. The only thing that makes component slightly better is that is has richer colors. So if an S-video switcher is $20, then I don't see why they charge A LOT more for Component.

svideo and component aren't even close to the same. svideo max is 480i and component can go up to 1080p. but on an SD television would only go to 480p.

svideo and component aren't even close to the same. svideo max is 480i and component can go up to 1080p. but on an SD television would only go to 480p.

Well, I only need the Component switcher for 480i content. So will these cheaper switchers work ok with SD content?

I just found this: http://gear.ign.com/articles/730/730556p1.html

It's only $20. According to the IGN review, it works well with 480i and 480p signals. It does, however, degrade the signal if you use it for HD content, but I will only use it for SD content. It looks like it will get the job done on my SDTV. So, I'll shop around for it tomorrow. :D

Seems like that one would be perfect for what you are going to use it for

Performance

Greatly expands the component input possibilities of older TVs. Does not degrade 480p quality.

Seems like that one would be perfect for what you are going to use it for

Performance

Greatly expands the component input possibilities of older TVs. Does not degrade 480p quality.

I looked all over the place and couldn't find it. How ridiculous! I'll just stick with composite right now until I get an HDTV, that is if I do get one.