UFC 95

Date Announced, Matches to Follow!

The as-yet-unnamed UFC 95 event will take place Feb. 21 at the O2 arena.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public Friday, Nov. 21 at 4:00 a.m. ET despite the lack of any officially announced bouts. The date marks the UFC's third trip to the O2 Arena, and the fourth appearance in London in the 15-year history of the organization.

The UFC first visited London in July 2002 with "UFC 38: Brawl at the Hall." It would be over five years before the UFC would return to London for the September 2007 "UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion" at the O2 Arena. The venue also hosted "UFC 85: Bedlam" in June 2008.

UFC 95 marks the latest development in the continued international expansion of the UFC. Of the three officially announced events for 2009, two will take place across the Atlantic Ocean. The year's first event, "UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson," takes place at the O2 Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.

Although not officially announced, a lightweight bout between Justin Buchholz (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and England's Terry Etim (11-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) is expected to take place at UFC 95. Fighters Only magazine also recently reported rumors of a possible light-heavyweight bout between Chuck Liddell and Anderson Silva as the main event of the evening.

Tickets for for the event go on sale to the UFC's fan club on Monday. UFC newsletter subscribers can buy tickets beginning on Wednesday.

Interesting, I hadn't heard the Liddell vs. Silva rumor. With Liddell's recent exposure in the standup game, I'm going to believe Silva will dominate that fight. The reach alone will be horribly tough for Liddell to move through.

• 3 months later...
Interesting, I hadn't heard the Liddell vs. Silva rumor. With Liddell's recent exposure in the standup game, I'm going to believe Silva will dominate that fight. The reach alone will be horribly tough for Liddell to move through.

The rumor started around September after he lost to Jardine somewhere around the Sherdog forum.

The posed matchup would be one that gets Liddell's name back to superstar mainevent status..

This won't happen, Dana's protects his poster boy as much as he can.