Creative Soundblaster Live!Value (First Series, btw)

Find devldr32.exe in driver.cab (by double clicking it) and replace the one from the sblive! Liveware package with the "XP version" :) then, go to safemode, be sure that devldr32.exe isnt running in the background (task manager) then install Liveware.

bit of a hefty process but it has been shown to work :D

• Like 1

First, thx for your answer :)

Do I get this right? I install the Live!Ware in safemode? (is this really possible? *grin*)

Hmm, right, I'll give it a try, when it comes to the next re-installation :D

• 1 month later...

I have done an upgrade from win98 to xp(final build), the sounds seem to be missing. Whenever i try to play a sound file/mp3, the speaker icon (mute all button) seem to be checking and unchecking itselft every second. Does that mean i have to uninstall liveware and follow the method above so that i can fix the sound back

• 2 weeks later...

course its worth it..just dont install liveware and wait for an xp compatible version to come out. it works just fine on my system with the default drivers that xp installs

• 1 month later...

This is ONE OLD topic :)

As I'm back now (with this waaay 2 high userid ;-)) I'll reply to my original post (which is gone, btw .... damn, userId #5 was tight :D) with this:

Hey 8tImER, here's something that worked fine for me:

Go to http://www.soundblaster.com and get those XP-Drivers for your soundcard, they're worth it!

...note to self: stop talking to self :roll:

• 8 years later...
  • 11 years later...