What is wrong with my car?

fords over here have a switch that is down on top of the rack,it is like an oil pressure switch they tend to start leaking and when the oil level drops you get the symptoms that you describe they are cheap to buy simple but awkward to replace,then you just top up the resevoir turn to full lock either way on the steering wheel three times to bleed the air from the system,and you are done.

this sounds interesting, m8.

but does it relate to the "noises when i turn/shaking steering wheel" or how i suspect i have a leak because of my 'check coolant' light coming on a lot?

SuperSaiyajin2Gogietto,

it is no problem, I was actually talking to a co-worker today about your car :) and he is a back-yard Mechanic (wish I knew him a year ago) the tool you need to get is a balljoint splitter everything else is pretty normal, jack and what not... if you have someone who can watch you or help you for a couple buck/beers that would be wise! (his words)

Yes when you drive a ford you become an expert and fast... I am learning about rear shocks now with mine LOL...

it is always a pleasure to be of help to someone!!

In the mean time, NO SHARP turns, drive like a granny around corners, cause depending on how bad it is, the inside wheel can pop off the axle... THEN the repair cost REALLY go up! :(

Good Luck

well, they couldn't do anything that day i guess.

turns out they're waiting on a part, so i haven't found out anything yet.

i take it back today, and i guess it'll get worked on monday morning.

i'll let you know what happened.

thanks again for all the help.

just got my car back. bill was a little over $300, which isn't bad considering i also got new brakes out of it.

turned out to be something called "CV Axle", so i guess the two are the same thing?

to give one example on how old my car is, they said they had a hard time replacing the part at first cuz it was rusted under there. but it could also be because my car sits out in my driveway all the time too.

thanks again for all your comments. now i know a little more about my car.

apologies for this double post!