So who's in?

Do we have a thread for suggestions? I have an idea of the kind of direction i would personally like to see Shift take, but it may be that others dont like that direction. I would just like to throw the idea out there...

I'd like to help test things when needed. I am not able to program and am not good with graphics, but if you find something for me to do then let me know.

Edit: I'm on a PC and will be for awhile unless someone sends me a Mac.

Didn't expect my login to work after being inactive for some many months... But glad I could come back! I had vouched to help with programming some custom apps for Shift last time, but no one moved forward with what we wanted to do... Hope its not a fuse again!

Anyways, I'm in...

Right here I go, I am in, I am a programmer of sorts. Would love to help out, I have mac and PC to also test them on. Various new and old Pcs and laptops.

I have not done much linux scripting or programming, but can pick it up fast and willing to learn.

Let me know.

I'm not too knowledgeable in the whole coding thing (I am starting to learn scripting at work, though). However, I have a Macbook and a (quad core) desktop, so I can help with testing in VMware, installs, and live cd's. I have a 2mb (upstream) connection and my ISP doesn't really care how much I upload, so if you go the route of torrents, again, I can seed for a while.

Also, I'm decent in photoshop, so if you need any help with graphics, give me a shout.

Nice...

I'm not presenting myself that much, let's just say I'm an ArchLinux user which likes to play with the system in my free time, and who like's to implement wicked things which sometimes finish being great stuff...

I know some bash scripting, know how to make PKGBUILDS and have made some LiveCD's before... so if there's anything you want help with, you may ask, or I can start making implementations of wicked stuff... anyways, just let me know if you neeed ANYTHING

I use Arch on my desktop and media (mythtv) box, I'd be glad to switch at least one of them to Shift for testing/devel/whatever. Would also be willing to do some coding in my free time.

I can help with building the livecd. I have made a lot of livecds in the past year based on archlinux.

Visit My Website

I also have github to on the right of that page if you want to look at my scripts.

Didn't expect my login to work after being inactive for some many months... But glad I could come back! I had vouched to help with programming some custom apps for Shift last time, but no one moved forward with what we wanted to do... Hope its not a fuse again!

Anyways, I'm in...

Right here I go, I am in, I am a programmer of sorts. Would love to help out, I have mac and PC to also test them on. Various new and old Pcs and laptops.

I have not done much linux scripting or programming, but can pick it up fast and willing to learn.

Let me know.

Excellent! Looks like we where not getting many replies for Programmers!

I'm more than happy to be a tester and contribute in the form of support for the end user. I've been using linux for about 10 years now. Only about 6 months of arch under my belt but hey :) let me know...

This is great news. I was first introduced in to Linux by RedHat. I never actually made a switch until Ubuntu 5-6.04?. I love Ubuntu but for a while now I've been testing different distros and I've been learning Arch for a while. I've re-installed Arch from scratch 6-7 times just so I could get the hang of it without going back to the Wiki.

I love arch and its speed and its idea. What I didn't like about arch was the lack of polish I liked in Ubuntu in terms of the Desktop Enviroment and small visual tweaks. I love the fact you get the packages as the developers originally made them but I loved some of the small tweaks to Ubuntu that helped usability. I hope Shift takes the awesome idea around Arch and gives it smoothness and ups the usability. I would no doubt become a new follower if that happens. I wish you all luck and I will continue to watch and download the new builds as they come out.

This is great news. I was first introduced in to Linux by RedHat. I never actually made a switch until Ubuntu 5-6.04?. I love Ubuntu but for a while now I've been testing different distros and I've been learning Arch for a while. I've re-installed Arch from scratch 6-7 times just so I could get the hang of it without going back to the Wiki.

I love arch and its speed and its idea. What I didn't like about arch was the lack of polish I liked in Ubuntu in terms of the Desktop Enviroment and small visual tweaks. I love the fact you get the packages as the developers originally made them but I loved some of the small tweaks to Ubuntu that helped usability. I hope Shift takes the awesome idea around Arch and gives it smoothness and ups the usability. I would no doubt become a new follower if that happens. I wish you all luck and I will continue to watch and download the new builds as they come out.

Well, this is actually easy to implent, simply by doing some patching.

For instance, KDEmod has some of this ptches, so we should be able to use it instead of manteining our own packages (I guess we should only use own packjages when it's extremely necessary.

If you need any help with Perl or PHP code then let me know.

Or if you have something simple to be done which may require me to learn a little bit of another language I may well be interested too!

Heck yeah, as long as it is Arch-based, I'll lend my destructive force to this. I am a bug finder extraordinaire for some reason, I break everything :p