Questions on NFL 2pt conversions

My father and I were discussing (arguing) about this last night.

If the ball is blocked on an extra point attempt and the kicking team manages to still get the ball into the end zone, is it 1pt or 2pts? I thought it was only 1pt since teams have to declare they're going for the 2pt conversion otherwise by default it's 1pt.

If the team declares/goes for the 2pt conversion and the other team recovers the ball (fumble/interception) and runs the ball back to the end zone is it 1pt or 7 pts? I thought the opposing team received 2pts and the ball on kickoff (ie similar to a safety).

Can anyone help settle this? Thanks!

My father and I were discussing (arguing) about this last night.

If the ball is blocked on an extra point attempt and the kicking team manages to still get the ball into the end zone, is it 1pt or 2pts? I thought it was only 1pt since teams have to declare they're going for the 2pt conversion otherwise by default it's 1pt.

If the team declares/goes for the 2pt conversion and the other team recovers the ball (fumble/interception) and runs the ball back to the end zone is it 1pt or 7 pts? I thought the opposing team received 2pts and the ball on kickoff (ie similar to a safety).

Can anyone help settle this? Thanks!

The opposing team is unable to score from a failed 2 point conversion.

It's simply a dead ball.

The opposing team is unable to score from a failed 2 point conversion.

It's simply a dead ball.

Try

After a touchdown, the scoring team is allowed a try during one scrimmage down. The ball may be spotted anywhere between the inbounds lines, two or more yards from the goal line. The successful conversion counts one point by kick; two points for a successful conversion by touchdown; or one point for a safety.

The defensive team never can score on a try. As soon as defense gets possession or the kick is blocked or a touchdown is not scored, the try is over.

Any distance penalty for fouls committed by the defense that prevent the try from being attempted can be enforced on the succeeding try or succeeding kickoff. Any foul committed on a successful try will result in a distance penalty being assessed on the ensuing kickoff.

Only the fumbling player can recover and advance a fumble during a try.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/try

can't do it. In the CFL you can (but no one cares about that league...) I think you should be able to to be honest, like if you intercept the ball and run it back you should be able to get the two points.