Windows Update - Not Mirosoft Tested

I was installing the selection of Update using the automatic update facility on my Fresh intall today when I was presented with the following box.....

:x ERROR :x NO-BODY WINS :angry:

post-11-1049395254.gif

Edited by leebobs

wow talk about strange. not once have I ever heard about someone having a problem like this. can't say I ever have.

which update was it that caused that error for you?

prolly wouldn't know since it doesn't say... he used automatic update so it just downloads and install them all

i use automatic update and i know i always click the details button to see what it wants to install. its possible he does the same thing..

The update it failed to install was:

Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.6, Windows 2000, Windows XP)

SO I guess it was that one that brought the error message :no:

Microsoft go and look at yourself in a Mirror and think about what you have done!!!

I had that exact problem...you should reinstal, and dont ****** with the services that are running..just go to the update and ..update

Check that cryptographic services are running ok, and I heard somewhere deleting everything in C:\windows\system32\catroot helps too (don't hold me to that, someone may wanna tell me i'm right or wrong first).

I had that exact problem...you should reinstal, and dont ****** with the services that are running..just go to the update and ..update

That was the first thing I thought off too..... but alas I hadn't touched the services and as you can see crypto is working fine!!!

post-11-1049455193.jpg

I believe I may have discovered the solution..... Update #813951 is automatically downloaded by Windows Autoupdate and as above, XP attempted to install it. The problem being that there is a pre-requisite update for this patch (810847 - Feb Explorer Security Roll-up) which at that time was not registered as installed on my PC.... Hence it failed :unsure:?!?!

What do you guys think......

:yes:

:no: