Cleaning your HDTV - The Shammy

I just clean my setup with a duster (cloth).

The PS3 is a dust magnet, my TV stand which the PS3 is on is made of black glossy glass, dust magnet, and my TV has a black glossy finish like the PS3, dust magnet.

:laugh:

I have gloss finish on the TV's frame and im very careful with the TV its self so i use compressed air to get off the main and then just a duster (Only good for a few uses anyway)

Any duster will work as long as you are careful. Just don't use chemicals - I'm not sure how many times I've had to inform people that you can't use glass cleaner etc...on monitors and LCD screens. I wouldn't use any cleaner except a lightly moist cloth personally. Samsung gave me some stuff for my DLP but I haven't used it much simply as my screen doesn't have fingerprints on it etc...

I use a "swifer duster?" first to get off the surface dust, then I use a micro fibre cloth with the steam from my breath, to get off any finger prints/random ****. Gives a perfect smear free result.

You can buy micro fibre cloths from your local ?1 shop.

I use a "swifer duster?" first to get off the surface dust, then I use a micro fibre cloth with the steam from my breath, to get off any finger prints/random ****. Gives a perfect smear free result.

You can buy micro fibre cloths from your local ?1 shop.

Well that is what I just mentioned a couple posts above. I have just been using my micro fiber cloth to clean (without a swifer) so it is pretty dirty. Should I just run it through some water and let it dry? Then, next time use a swifer followed by the micro fiber?

I just bought a new one instead, but I suppose a thorough rinse under a hot tap would do the trick. Just hope there isn't anything caught in the fibres that will put a nice scratch across your TV.

• 3 weeks later...

should it be cleaned then?

lol

i use vacuum cleaner sometimes.... the part that u hold on the ground.. and then its clean.. sometimes i use glasses cleaners..