[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

So they healed their bodies, then feasted on reishi-infused food, next chapter (if they don't break away from ichigo/renji and explore kenpachis training or something) they head to the palace of the person who created (or at least, discovered) zanpakutos......I have a feeling ****s gonna get real next chapter, maybe Ichigo will get his reforged zanpakuto?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one is talking about Naruto? It is just as exciting as Bleach at the moment.

Neji is dead!

Ya, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter to see how he and everyone else reacts.

On a side note, and it's not anime... but it's from anime... Rurouni Kenshin 2012 Live Action Motion Picture. If you are any type of fan of the anime Kenshin, or a fan of the Samurai X movies, you need to watch this. It is probably the most well done, best live action movie of an anime to this date. The director stayed as close as possible with the time allotted ( 2 hours ) to basically going from episode 1 to the end. They could have completely made a few of these movies, but it is still done really really well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979319/

Anyone know if we are getting new chapters this week, or if Japan is on some holiday that they will take off for? I figure it's a holiday, as the rest of the world is in that mode :p

Anyone know if we are getting new chapters this week, or if Japan is on some holiday that they will take off for? I figure it's a holiday, as the rest of the world is in that mode :p

My manga site has a notice at the top that says: "There will be no new chapters of Naruto, Bleach or One Piece until the 3rd week of January."....I don't know how accurate that is, but while they are not always the first to post a translated manga, their translations seem to be more accurate than all the others I've seen (admittedly, not many), and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't post that unless they had good reason.

don't know if anyone as seen this. or been following it. but it looks pretty damn awesome, i've read the books and liked it alot. and the animation looks pretty awesome.

I haven't read the books but it sure looks great!

I haven't read the books but it sure looks great!

i've read some of them and till the part i'm at it is really great. i'm really liking it. can't wait to get my hands on the anime and see if it's nearly as good as the manga.

I'm reading Attack on Titan at the moment. Really enjoying it. Hopefully they'll stick to the manga for the anime.

me too...me too.

and on other news. this is for you, ghost in the shell fans out there.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest Naruto chapter:

How long until Naruto comes face to face with his father parental unit for real?

I'm waiting for this encounter now! That last page was a shocker.

Also, In Bleach, I think we might end up losing another captain. But it might turn out to be for the best, if we finally get to see anothers Bankai or even Shikai.

I'm waiting for this encounter now! That last page was a shocker.

Also, In Bleach, I think we might end up losing another captain. But it might turn out to be for the best, if we finally get to see anothers Bankai or even Shikai.

Agreed. But how will he wiggle out Orochimaru's control? If Itachi can do it then so can he. On the other hand Iatchi was prepared, so who knows. I get the feeling that Sasuke's group are going to help the alliance though. Either way we're in for some amazing chapters.

And Bleach, too. I hope they explain Kenpachi's back story more. So much amazing. I look for to when they start putting out the bleach anime again, it has to happen.

Agreed. But how will he wiggle out Orochimaru's control? If Itachi can do it then so can he. On the other hand Iatchi was prepared, so who knows. I get the feeling that Sasuke's group are going to help the alliance though. Either way we're in for some amazing chapters.

And Bleach, too. I hope they explain Kenpachi's back story more. So much amazing. I look for to when they start putting out the bleach anime again, it has to happen.

Apparently there is a "novel" about Kenpachi that explains some things. I haven't read it yet, just read others talk about it.

I'm thinking he won't. I think that it will be some pretty epic fight, and a fight that maybe opens Sasuke's heart. All speculation though. I would also very much like to see another Naruto vs Sasuke fight. Because both of them have gained some impressive powers. But as of right now, Naruto would destroy Sasuke. So there has to be more coming if we are going to see them fight each other.

Apparently there is a "novel" about Kenpachi that explains some things. I haven't read it yet, just read others talk about it.

I'm thinking he won't. I think that it will be some pretty epic fight, and a fight that maybe opens Sasuke's heart. All speculation though. I would also very much like to see another Naruto vs Sasuke fight. Because both of them have gained some impressive powers. But as of right now, Naruto would destroy Sasuke. So there has to be more coming if we are going to see them fight each other.

You raise some good points. I think it's almost certain that Naruto and Sasuke will have their last rematch. Whatever the case the last chapter tells me Naruto isn't going to end any time soon. It just keeps getting better.

now that hellsing is done i think it will probably be a long time if never that we see an art style like that again. I really wish they would have done more with it.

You raise some good points. I think it's almost certain that Naruto and Sasuke will have their last rematch. Whatever the case the last chapter tells me Naruto isn't going to end any time soon. It just keeps getting better.

I get the same feeling. Every time I think it's almost over, they launch some new material in that can just keep it going. I'd love to see Orochimaru survive and become the lead badass badguy again :)

now that hellsing is done i think it will probably be a long time if never that we see an art style like that again. I really wish they would have done more with it.

Well I did hear they're doing Crossfire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ekkk double post over a month apart.

Attack on Titan anime starts 6th April.

Anyone who hasn't read the manga. It will be worth watching.

It is clever, lots of twists and full of action.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of Attack on Titan yesterday. It leaves me curious about what's going on. I think I'll keep watching it.

And that latest Naruto chapter...

Yeah... I'm still in sort of shock and awe of this latest Naruto chapter.....

Is Sasuke good again? Still amazing, and the ending really left me wanting to see this epic battle! Also, the only thing that bugged me with this chapter was how easily it seemed that Orochimaru and Sasuke changed their mind.... I'm hoping Orochimaru has something hidden still.

Bleach new chapter is also out. I'm really digging this back story, something we have been missing for so long. At least this latest chapter actually seemed to be a decent length. Lately they have seemed pretty short. Can't wait to find out more and for them to then restart the current story so we can see where this all goes :)

Yeah... I'm still in sort of shock and awe of this latest Naruto chapter.....

Is Sasuke good again? Still amazing, and the ending really left me wanting to see this epic battle! Also, the only thing that bugged me with this chapter was how easily it seemed that Orochimaru and Sasuke changed their mind.... I'm hoping Orochimaru has something hidden still.

Bleach new chapter is also out. I'm really digging this back story, something we have been missing for so long. At least this latest chapter actually seemed to be a decent length. Lately they have seemed pretty short. Can't wait to find out more and for them to then restart the current story so we can see where this all goes :)

Seems like he is. Naruto and Sasuke will still end up fighting <em>again</em>. Naruto has to put him in his place for him being a whiny little bitch for so long.

Of course Orochimaru still has something up his sleave, too. I mean..he's got control for the 4 strongest people in the series. Well, 3 of them for sure anyways.

And bleach is good too. I hope the anime returns soon. Hopefully by the end of the year.

I watched the first episode of Attack on Titan yesterday. It leaves me curious about what's going on. I think I'll keep watching it.

And that latest Naruto chapter...

I read the manga and honestly you couldn't even begin to think about what is happening. It is what makes it so good.

• 3 weeks later...

For the peeps who are interested in "Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo", UTW just released it!