uTorrent (Mac Beta) is now available...

All OS X Applications are visually superior to Windows Applications in my opinion, but thats because Apple have some pretty big rules on what you can and cant do with their System. They like everything to look the same/similar so that users wont get confused everytime they move to another application or install something new.

I think is a great idea, but I also see the downside of it.

The downside being Mac OS X Tiger, which was a mish-mash of brushed metal (ugly, in my opinion) and unified "plastic."

Also, I think Firefox looks horrible on the Mac, and much better on Windows and Linux.

All OS X Applications are visually superior to Windows Applications in my opinion, but thats because Apple have some pretty big rules on what you can and cant do with their System. They like everything to look the same/similar so that users wont get confused everytime they move to another application or install something new.

I think is a great idea, but I also see the downside of it.

I tend to agree, more or less, but it mostly comes down to the UI design being much better. It's that all-important element that sits between you and what's under the hood.

Each torrent in the utorrent window only takes up 20px of vertical space compared to transmission's enormous 65px

You can press CMD+T and use the minimal interface in Transmission if you want it to take up less space vertically. Looks quite nice. I'd show you what mine looks like, but I don't download torrents, never have, never will. :cool:

You can press CMD+T and use the minimal interface in Transmission if you want it to take up less space vertically. Looks quite nice. I'd show you what mine looks like, but I don't download torrents, never have, never will. :cool:

Then that just makes it useless because I can't see information about all the torrents.

Then that just makes it useless because I can't see information about all the torrents.

Do you really need to see all the detail always? Counting down the minutes are we? :)

Its not losing any functionality, its hiding unnecessary information. Besides I use the inspector more than anything so I don't need to see it in list view. Transmission inspector is better than utorrents methods.

Its not losing any functionality, its hiding unnecessary information. Besides I use the inspector more than anything so I don't need to see it in list view. Transmission inspector is better than utorrents methods.

Unnecessary information is highly subjective. I consider information such as ETA pretty damn important.

Why would one want to use an extra inspector window, when the point is to use screen resolution effectively with minimal view in the first place?

It doesn't hide any critical information, just the unnecessary information. And you can always enable the Inspector at any time to see all the information. I do wish uTorrent would have a similar "minimal view."

It doesn't hide any critical information, just the unnecessary information. And you can always enable the Inspector at any time to see all the information. I do wish uTorrent would have a similar "minimal view."

Post above yours.

Unnecessary information is highly subjective. I consider information such as ETA pretty damn important.

Why would one want to use an extra inspector window, when the point is to use screen resolution effectively with minimal view in the first place?

Well then by all means use uTorrent. This is why we have choice. Some prefer maximum minimization, others want a bit more.

Well then by all means use uTorrent. This is why we have choice. Some prefer maximum minimization, others want a bit more.

Far too bare and unstable at the moment for it to be really used seriously for anything other than testing.

It shows ETA...you lost me somewhere there

post-8780-1228331949.png

Does ?Torrent estimate the time better than Transmission? I know the team of Transmission is working on new ways to calculate it, because right now it's bad to divide the file size remaining by the current speed...

And why the hell do we say uTorrent when it's ?Torrent and thus should be mTorrent? It always scared me somehow!

And why the hell do we say uTorrent when it's ?Torrent and thus should be mTorrent? It always scared me somehow!

Because it's easier for people to say yooTorrent since the sound "yoo" is a normal part of everyday English language, whereas myooTorrent is not as easy since "myoo" is not a normal part of everyday English language. That is, of course, barring those familiar with the Greek alphabet, or those who are or have been affiliated with the Greek system in school.

Or it could just be that most people are dumb, lazy, and can't be bothered to pronounce it in any way other than how it looks like it should be pronounced.

I've really gotten used to uTorrent, and it's now my preferred client (relative to Transmission.)

It is efficient with space, seems to catch seeds faster, and makes better use of menus and preferences