Donations to NeoWin

Would you donate money to NeoWin?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate money to NeoWin?

• Yes, banners must burn in hell
    • My wallet is too fragile

I am thinking instead of having all these banners and advertisements on neowin, we should organize a campaign to raise money for neowin.

Neowin has near 25,000 registered members, and I think it is definately possible to raise at least $10,000 for neowin.

Theory: Each of the 25,000 members donates ONE DOLLAR to neowin,

25,000 x $1 = $25,000

Neowin can get 1337 servers with that price.

Heck, I think that $1 is too cheap, if donation is an option, i'd send em ten bucks myself

I've been to at other sites where they have a raffle ticket sort of thing.

Every dollar you donate, it is entered into a draw at the end of the month.

The winner of the draw takes half of the jackpot, and the site gets the otherhalf.

Even though that it is a fairly small community, they were manage to squeeze out $50 over the first weekend, and more came after that. There are approximately 200-300 active members in that community. :yes:

Yeah I don't mind the banners at all tbh. Yeh the flashing ones are a bit :s but soon they will be all tech related banners and it will be like any other top tech site.

Neowin already has "1337" servers. They are trying to supoort Invision with these ads. Its not that big of a deal.

They will be tech releated anyways soon. I already clicked on some tech ones already too.

We have a good deal here, Invision PS kindly put Neowin on a dedicated server and we have a few banners in exchange. I think most people will agree that the banners are not really annoying (like popups). Also, dedicated servers are expensive and Neowin uses alot of bandwidth.

Yeah gotta agree with you aco. I feel that Neowin is using lots of bandwidth and in exchange they will put banner here to support dedicated servers. All I can hope is to keep Neowin up all the times and getting better and better everytime (Y) :yes:

and atm the side ad isnt even working...

Works fine for me. It just takes a little while to display.

I think we should try and make it half the file size that it is now. I'm on broadband, but I'd imagine it would take a while to load with dialup.

a large percent of the members of neowin dont pay for their OS, their software, their games, or their music...so i kinda doubt they would pay for a tech newspage/forum...just my opinion

how would you make people pay anyway? quite a large proportion of neowinians I think are kids who don't own a credit card. No online payment. I never noticed the ads either!

-edit- I did notice them ads, but I thought they were part of the site decoration :woot: like the neowin sign :D never bothered to read what was on them though

this topic has been discussed time and time again - with the same result

'Neowin will close rather than become a pay site' - sumot along those lines