Removing Hidden ACER recovery partition

Ok so my wife's uncle got a new Acer Desktop on Blackfriday and it has a hidden partition that is 60Gb in size that has the Recovery information on it for the Acer computer. When we tried to reformat the computer to put Vista Ultimate Edition on it (not my choice his) we cannot find the hidden partition that has the Recovery crap on it. Is there an easy way to find that partition and get rid of it or is useing Gparted my best option to find and get rid of it. I am trying to completely format the computer so i am not worrying about losing data or anything.

I just tried removing the Acer Recovery Partition on a laptop today using Ubuntu Partition Editor and it royally messed up the drive! I can't even reinstall Windows now without getting BSODs! :|

Gonna give it another try tomorrow! Luckily I never had to backup any data or anything, however, if you attempt it, make sure you are fully backed up!

The partition is easy to remove. The problem I had was the way the HDD was partitioned:

Acer Recovery | (C: Windows Partition) | (D: Partition)

The Acer Recovery partition is unmountable in Windows and you can't touch it. I deleted it using Ubuntu but I couldn't extend it to the D: Partition so I had to extend it to the C: Partition, that's where it all went wrong! :p

ok so its a 320Gb HDD and i went in with Gparted and found the 18 Gb partition (recovery) 139Gb partition (C:) and 141Gb partition (D:) deleted all partitions created one partition and then formatted everything however where is the other 20Gb at i know that Drives are not always the exact size they are listed at however i know that the boot record is not 20Gb is should at max be 2 so what is going on. and is there any way to get that extra 20Gb back.

i know that Drives are not always the exact size they are listed

I think you answered your own question :p

eg: I have two hard drives, one is a 500 GB drive that shows up as 465 GB in Windows. The other is a 300 GB drive that shows up as 279 GB.