Comprable remote to the Logitech - Harmony 1000?

Ok so I was really liking the look and features of the Logitech - Harmony 1000 Advanced Universal Remote but after reading some really bad reviews of it I'm having second thoughts. So now I'm trying to find out if there are remotes like it that I can find for around $250 or less that's comprable to it?

Can anyone suggest a good one?

My Harmony 895 is pretty sweet. Got a replacement a few months ago, and the new revision seems to have addressed the issues I had with the original version (charging / movement sensor).

I was kind of hoping for one that was shaped more the like Harmony 1000 kinda flatish and could stand up/slant so you could use it on a table instead of in your hand.... I'm looking on the logitech website and I don't see the 895; did you mean the Harmony One? The sleek looking black one?

hmm the logitech remotes have scored top in all the universal remote tests I've seen, I haven't see the 1000 tested though. but in any case it won't be worse than the lower regular models. But of course it remote that's basically a big screen will natirally eat a lot of batteries.

No, the Harmony One is kind of a step backwards in some respects.

Harmony 895

I thought about the Harmony 1000 when I was on the hunt for a remote, but decided to go for the 895 (might have a different name in the US) for ergonomic / functionality reasons.

Philips Pronto any good to you?

Latest version TSU9800

**** me!!! "Available in September of 2008, Philips TSU9800 will retail for $2,399"

"Philips’ line of award-winning Pronto control panels starts at $499"

Philips Pronto Professional TSU9600 vs TSU9800

Edited by DARKFiB3R

Ooooh ok. The 895 where you are is the same as the 890 here in the states... it's weird how they do that. Man even though that Philips remote looks awesome.... Definitely too rich for my blood. And also I don't think they are as compatible with as many devices as Logitechs remotes are.... I don't think they have online programming features either...

That's correct, they 4 have raised buttons along each side of the screen, so 8 all together. I was kinda gutted when I saw that feature on the Harmony One, but the Harmony One can't work via RF, so I stuck with the 895

Seriously ****ed that none of them have blue tooth for my PS3, but that can be remedied.

I think the 890 and 895 only have different model numbers because of the coloured "FastText" buttons we have on all remotes here in the UK.

Yeah, via IR. the 890/895 can work via both IR and RF simultaneously. It comes with an IR transmitter that you can place inside a cabinet with all your stuff. The remote sends signals to the transmitter via RF, so you don't need a line of sight to control your equipment.