[Boxing] Froch Set for Taylor Clash

Carl Froch looks set to meet American Jermain Taylor in the first defence of his WBC super-middleweight crown.

Mick Hennessy, Froch's promoter, told the BBC he has spoken to the Taylor camp about a contest in either the United Kingdom or the United States.

"It's a fight that me and Carl have always wanted," said Hennessy.

"I was pleased to get a call off Taylor's promoter, Lou DiBella. He said to me he just wanted to go on record that he is ready to make the fight."

Froch, 31, became world champion by outpointing Canadian Jean Pascal in a thrilling fight in Nottingham on Saturday.

"I've had my heart set on Jermain Taylor because he beat Jeff Lacy and I just assumed that was going to be the natural progression for the first defence," Froch, who has 24 wins from 24 fights, told Radio 5 Live.

Taylor, 30, is a former undisputed middleweight champion and has two victories over Bernard Hopkins to his name.

Nicknamed "Bad Intentions", he has lost two of his last three contests - both defeats coming against Kelly Pavlik - but he outpointed Lacy in his last fight in an eliminator for the WBC super-middleweight belt.

Hennessy added: "We are not averse going to the US but it's got be on the right terms. Carl's the champion now and a champion-challenger split is 70-30. We are in control of the situation. If it makes sense going to the US, we'll go there."

[Source]

• 4 months later...

Holy Balls :|

Froch stopped Taylor with literally 10 odd seconds left on the clock of the fight where Taylor would of won on points :|