Windows Live Essentials - Wave 3 Release Candidates?

Okay, I'm confused. I was wondering if somebody with 'insider knowledge' may be able to help me.

At the Life Without Walls event, last week, Microsoft confirmed that the 'release candidate' versions of the Windows Live Essentials applications would be released this week.

Here is the article on this: http://www.liveside.net/main/archive/2008/...e-revealed.aspx

I have been looking forward to these updates because of the multiple bug fixes and the refinements in features and user interface, yet they are still no-where to be found :/

Does anybody know why and when they may now be released? Maybe they have had problems which have only happened this week?

Does anybody know? Maybe somebody who works for Microsoft, such as Brandon Live? Or a beta tester like RebelSean?

I would be very grateful, because I have been looking forward to these updates and am very disappointed :/

I was hoping it would be released tonight or tomorrow as well, but I didn't think it would be likely that Microsoft would work or release something on a Saturday or Sunday. Would they? Does anybody know?

There's been some delays, not sure what the exact details of those are. However, they will be released on/before the 18th :).

There's been some delays, not sure what the exact details of those are. However, they will be released on/before the 18th :).

Thank you for the information Sean :) I have got to stop looking forward to it so much :p

I don't really think it should be a Beta. An alpha banner would be more appropriate.

You might be surprised with how much they've progressed in this new beta which is to be released very soon :)

Then again, you might not be :D It depends what you are expecting out of Movie Maker. I agree that the first beta was terrible.

You might be surprised with how much they've progressed in this new beta which is to be released very soon :)

Then again, you might not be :D It depends what you are expecting out of Movie Maker. I agree that the first beta was terrible.

How would you know how well they've be doing behind the scenes, what have I missed.

How would you know how well they've be doing behind the scenes, what have I missed.

There was a screenshot posted somewhere, maybe on LiveSide, which showed more features and that the features were similar or better than that of Vista's Windows Movie Maker, but I can't remember where exactly or how far it had actually progressed in terms of features, it just looked much better :p

Also they've had 3 or 4 more months developing it, it's bound to have better features than the current beta.

There was a screenshot posted somewhere, maybe on LiveSide, which showed more features and that the features were similar or better than that of Vista's Windows Movie Maker, but I can't remember where exactly or how far it had actually progressed in terms of features, it just looked much better :p

Also they've had 3 or 4 more months developing it, it's bound to have better features than the current beta.

Can you find it please you've made me curious now.

Can you find it please you've made me curious now.

I'm very busy tonight as I have an assignment in for 09:00 (it's now 00:00 :p) but I will find it for you a little bit later :)

Ergh... its released Just when im in tassie w/out computer... leaving today.. ergh..

Oh god, I read that as "its released today Just when im in tassie w/out computer" god that got my hopes up :( lol.

There's been 9 internal RC builds since the beta has started. That's not including the beta builds :).