Internet connection preferation?

Do you prefer to have Cable or DSL internet?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to have Cable or DSL internet?

• Cable
    • DSL
    • T1
    • ISDN
    • Dial-Up
    • As long as I get good speeds, it doesn't matter.
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • I don't really care

the farther you are away from the dsl source, the slower it is..basically my friends that have dsl have really poor dls speeds..like 130 k max..while i can top out at usually 700k/sec..one time i reached 1mb/s..that was cool.

There are a lot of (technical) reasons that cable behaves differently to ADSL, I had to write an essay in my last degree exam about it, technical things relating to low level protocols, contention, etc.

Basically cable tends to be worse for hosting services, and gaming (due to local loop contention affecting latency / uploads), but has the potential when it comes to increasing speeds. ADSL suffers from contention in a different way, with the effect relating to download speeds as well as upload speeds, but not the latency as much. ADSL is also quite speed limited, it can go to 40mbps, but that decreases to about 4mbps after moving just 20meters from the exchange.

There are also issues relating to the customer end connection termination equipment (the modem, faceplate etc), but I basically cba to rewrite my entire 5 page essay heh ;)

I use cable and prefer it over DSL. Cause although DSL has potentially better connection, in my area, the basic DSL connection sucks, it lags,makes weird noises on your phoneline, costs the same as cable, and does not deliver cable equivolent results.

Cable, for the cost vs. results in my area, rules. :D

i like what i have, which is cable..its pretty good..couldnt ask for more

Actually you could... maybe not in your price range; but you could.

Who knows what I want?

LOL.... A OC-192

Or... A Business LAN