UFC 92

As far as I'm aware, Rappy hasn't posted a thread for this one! Might be mistaken, but oh well, here's another! :laugh:

UFC 92

Saturday December 27 (3am, Setanta Sport - For those of us in the UK)

Forrest Griffin Vs. Rashad Evans

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Vs. Frank Mir

CB Dollaway Vs. Mike Massenzio

Wanderlei Silva Vs. Quinton Jackson

Cheick Kongo Vs. Mostapha Al Turk

Yushin Okami Vs. Dean Lister

Antoni Hardonk Vs. Mike Wessel

Matt Hamill Vs. Reese Andy

Ryo Chonan Vs. Brad Blackburn

Dan Evensen Vs. Pat Barry

What a card! Interim HW Title, LHW Title, Silva/Rampage, could be a blast!

Well this time I didn't but digipoi did :p

I completely forgot about UFC ppv's lately.

It's clear whoever wins between mir and nog will face borenar sorry I mean lesnar :p

Haven't missed a UFC event since UFC 30 I think ... can't wait for this card it will be awesome. The K-1 Dynamite card also has some good fights on it as well.

Just seen the K-1 card.

Mirko CroCop vs Hong Man Choi

CroCop really has gone down the pan. It seems now he is just living off the "CroCop" label and fighting fights he can easily win. He did say when he left the UFC that he wanted to go back someday, but if this is the way he's going, I doubt we'll ever see him hold a title worth anything.

I felt sorry for CroCop really, I remember when someone broke the news on here and I was omg cage revolution but then he just looked weak and when he got knocked out by his own kick it sorta summed it up.

Nope :rofl:

The knockout of Silva was sweet by Jackson and Kongo beat the **** out of Al Turk, but Mir and Nogueira was the fight of the night if you ask me. When they replayed it and showed Lesner's reaction that was great :D

It's too bad about Griffin though, the guy's kicks are always dead on, but oh well that's how things go!

About Lesnar, it's a good thing he doesn't consider himself an actual champ yet until he can defend it. If he wins it against Frank, things will look pretty interesting.

Evans should be thrown out of the UFC. When he grabbed his crotch at Forrest, that showed beyond a lack of class, that showed hes a complete POS. Who cares how well he fights, if hes such a horrible human being.

Evans should be thrown out of the UFC. When he grabbed his crotch at Forrest, that showed beyond a lack of class, that showed hes a complete POS. Who cares how well he fights, if hes such a horrible human being.

3713166d.gif = :no:

It's not the first time is it tho he has done something similar to this? I remember not to long ago he was commented on here about his celebration.

Edited by Rappy

Yeah that did suck, but then I remember Roy Jones Jr. in his prime when he used to constantly diss his opponents.

It's UFC, that's what happens when you go mainstream and have a president like Dana White

<snip>

It's not the first time is it tho he has done something similar to this? I remember not to long ago he was commented on here about his celebration.

Yeah, he did some nipple tweak crap. I mean, its 1 thing to be confident and mess with someones head, its another to just act like some ghetto trash.

Yeah that did suck, but then I remember Roy Jones Jr. in his prime when he used to constantly diss his opponents.

It's UFC, that's what happens when you go mainstream and have a president like Dana White

Dana white can't be faulted for this.. and you can't say it's because UFC is mainstream either because that's just ridiculous. I've watched the UFC since the beginning and other then a FEW names, everyone has been incredibly classy compared to other sports. This is a problem with Rashad, nobody else. He did this with Chuck when he knocked him out, by showboating after he won, and never once going to chuck's corner to see if he's ok. Don't see the problem with that? Well even rampage went to see if wanderlei was ok, and they don't like each other. Now, his latest antics are even worse, sure it's fine to smile and let the other opponent know that you can take what he got, but to act the way he did is not ok imo. What really gets me about the way Rashad acts is that out of the ring, the guy is so calm and well spoken and you never hear him say a bad thing about anyone, he's actually a really nice guy. I don't understand why he turns into an ass when in the ring sometimes.

I give the guy credit though..i've doubted him for ages, i thought his early fights were boring and he wouldn't become much in the LHW division. His last fights he's really shown some growth and real talent. However, that said i really, REALLY do not think he stands a chance against the top people in that division, if you look at his track record, Griffin and Liddell are the only 2 people that possessed any sort of threat. I really don't think he stands a chance against someone like rampage, or even wanderlei for that matter. But hey, i might get proven wrong again.

rashad won and rampage winning made me happy :D love those two, but nogueira losing :(

3713166d.gif

and i am sorry, but i thought this ^ was hilirious

and wow kongo murdered that man... i missed that fight too :(

Please, Kongo murdered no-one. He should have been DQ'd. That wasn't even close to an accidental knee. And it's funny, how all over the internet, the only people that found what Evans did funny, are his fans. People who have no attitude whatsoever about him find it crude. Oh, and Bubba, I think the reason he is such an ass in the ring, is that is the time when the real him shows through. He has a great facade outside, but when e gets in there and gets worked up, its all reality.

Please, Kongo murdered no-one. He should have been DQ'd. That wasn't even close to an accidental knee. And it's funny, how all over the internet, the only people that found what Evans did funny, are his fans. People who have no attitude whatsoever about him find it crude. Oh, and Bubba, I think the reason he is such an ass in the ring, is that is the time when the real him shows through. He has a great facade outside, but when e gets in there and gets worked up, its all reality.

that sentence made no sense whatsoever. and yeah kongo destroyed him in the second round... that was the nicest ground and pound finish i think i have ever seen.

- Kongo had a dirty knee, 'nuff said.

- I'm so happy Rampage beat the crap out of that ****** Silva.

- Mir is the real deal

- That was a cheeky move by Rashad Evans, he'll get his ass kicked one day for that.

that sentence made no sense whatsoever. and yeah kongo destroyed him in the second round... that was the nicest ground and pound finish i think i have ever seen.

How does that make no sense? Evans cannot keep up his nice guy facade when he is in the ring and his blood is pumping. So the punk ass that he really is comes shining through. Pretty simple to understand.

As for Kongo, why? Because he split dude and there was so much blood? Hell, Evans' on Forrest was better, because it took real skill. Kongo was shown for the chump he is by Herring.

A little debate that has been popping up on some of the MMA forums:

Did CD Dolloway tap?

l_c4ee6646c34441888939d87fd5db369f.gif

I certainly thought I had seen something during the match, and in the GIF it is looking slightly like a tap at the 3:53 mark. Notice how Yves takes a look just after the alleged tap. Although he wasn't positioned to see the tap at the time, I'm thinking if he was, he may just have called the fight TKO by Submission for Massenzio.