[UFC/MMA] Randy Couture VS Fedor fight imminent

randy-couture-fedor-emelianenko-6.jpg

More information has become available since news broke that Mark Cuban of HDNet is taking Zuffa (UFC) to court. Randy Couture has signed a contract with HDNet that is going to be activated once the promotional end of Couture?s contract expires.

The speculation all points to a mega-fight between Fedor and Couture in Dallas, Texas. This contract is necessary because without it there would be no basis for HDNet to take the UFC to court. The angle Mark Cuban is trying to use is that the UFC is putting into place an illegal block on Randy Couture?s ability to practice his trade. What makes this even more interesting is that Texas law prohibits indefinite employment restrictions.

This is enormous news for MMA fans and what is happening is a great thing. We love the UFC and what it has done for MMA but their abusive tactics are too much at times and hurt the sport and the fans that line their pockets. This all could have been avoided if the UFC would have not been so stiff when trying to aquire Fedor.

source: http://theufcresults.com/2008/02/20/ufc-ne...fight-imminent/

Fedor is looking for challenges in 2009, but is Couture a challenge?

Yes, the Couture/Lesnar fight has definately killed off all the hype that was once behind the Fedor/Couture fight. I suppose it will be interesting to watch it just for sentimental value and simply seeing the power of Fedor. I really do hope the UFC sign him once his contract obligations are up or if Affliction folds.

• 1 month later...
Yes, the Couture/Lesnar fight has definately killed off all the hype that was once behind the Fedor/Couture fight. I suppose it will be interesting to watch it just for sentimental value and simply seeing the power of Fedor. I really do hope the UFC sign him once his contract obligations are up or if Affliction folds.

Won't happen as long as Affliction stays afloat and if Fedor wants to still compete in Sambo

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know when his contract is up?

If you're referring to Fedor he has one fight left on his contract, mma internet news state that UFC are going to try to get him once again for like the fourth time.

We'll see what happens.

• 2 months later...

IMO it's probably it's safe to say Fedor will never, nor even really cares to be a signed fighter in the UFC. very unlikely the two camps would ever agree on terms looking at their past discussions...

So for now I'll just have to wait till UFC 2009 Undisputed comes out next week and create-a-Fedor-and-Couture...