Official Macworld thread

does anyone think people are being a little too excited about this stuff? i couldn't see myself clapping with glee because of a remote app....am i the only one?

9:54AM "The new Keynote remote -- it's an app on your iPhone or touch, and it talk wirelessly to your Mac. If you have it set up in a vertical mode it shows your slide, and horizontal, it shows two, and you just flick your finger to move through." Huge applause!

Ahhh finally.

man.. this is horrible.. no live feed for me.. Or at least the one from chris doesn't work.. wonder if there is another one out there somewhere that gets around the firewall :) and no hardware yet.

remote should be free with iWork09 and full screen pages is cool (pretty much like darkroom (is that the right name?? it was a nice text editor....but a little bit too basic))

You gotta buy the lessons in garageband...:(

pfff what a joke... apple stop trying to get money from us for every thing we do!

Now get to the iphone OS and iMac updates:P

you know.. seeing all these software upgrades to 09 really make me feel like I am watching a EA Sports press conference lmao

Jason Chen:

In Numbers ?09, ?we?ve focused on adding features that customers have told us they wanted.?

9:59 am ON Jan 6 2009

Jason Chen:

And of course, 40 new themes. Themes seem to be really present in every app Phil is introducing today.

9:58 am ON Jan 6 2009

Jason Chen:

Other connectivity features hook up with MathType and EndNote, two mathy apps.

9:58 am ON Jan 6 2009

B. Lam:

9:57 am ON Jan 6 2009

Jason Chen:

Then there?s Mail merge with Numbers, which can connect with tables and lists in Numbers.

B. Lam:

Jason Chen:

Second, dynamic outlines. In Pages ?09, you can start in outline view before you actually start writing, letting you reorganize thoughts and seconds.

Jason Chen:

Next, Pages (Apple?s Microsoft word). There?s a fullscreen view to make everything else disappear, focus in on what you?re doing and tune out everything else.

9:56 am ON Jan 6 2009

B. Lam:

pages fullscreen view:

9:56 am ON Jan 6 2009

B. Lam:

keynote remote:

pfff what a joke... apple stop trying to get money from us for every thing we do!

Now get to the iphone OS and iMac updates:P

Are you serious? It's a smart way of earning extra $ (Y)