• Sophos
    • Symantec (Corporate)
    • Trend
    • VBA32
    • Windows OneCare
    • Zone
    • Other (please specify below)

Question

An updated "Best Antivirus" for 2009. Please use this as a reference when researching antivirus utilities. As time goes on, the poll can be updated to add further options.

Happy Voting.

Shouldn't this be done at the end of the year so we can see what was the best anti virus of 2009?

If we vote now, a new anti virus could come out during 2009 which could smash the pants off of anything currently available.

I'm not really moaning, just a point I thought of.

Antivir/Avast for me. This is out of the free versions. If I paid for an antivirus, it would be NOD32.

Edit: Out of those free versions, which is the fastest on a PC with a slow HDD (so not much HDD writes etc)?

Edited by redeemed

Theres only one kind of annoying fanboy thats second to Apple idiots, NOD32 fanboys

Same as Apple ones, despite being an awful product they will pollute forums with glittering comments about it

Theres only one kind of annoying fanboy thats second to Apple idiots, NOD32 fanboys

Same as Apple ones, despite being an awful product they will pollute forums with glittering comments about it

Nod32 is awful? How so? Seems to me like you're doing just as much polluting.

ROFL at Apple being an awful product. How off topic, really :rolleyes: for someone named stylemessiah, you should know better.

Nod32 is awful? How so? Seems to me like you're doing just as much polluting.

ROFL at Apple being an awful product. How off topic, really rolleyes.gif for someone named stylemessiah, you should know better.

NOD32 has never worked properly on any of the dozen times ive tried installing it, and youre talking to someone who has been using AV since the first McAfee came out, and tested every one since, so i think im qualified to have an opinion as its actually very well informed. I would for the first time in a decade at least recommend the new nortons, kaspersky second and probably Avira 3rd. For free it would be Avast, followed by Avira Personal.

Why do people keep making these polls, the reality is that apart from nortons regaining some credibility the standings have been static for at least 3 years. So all this is a little pointless, surely theres better things to be doing than creating and debating in yet another poll that inevitably becomes a home for NOD fanboys....

Apple has an always will be: overpriced, closeted, behind beige normal PC's and only appeal to those who like to think theyre being different when in fact there just dumb sheep following an idiot who wears turtleneck skivvies. Its a cult, not a computer company

And its precisely because im stylemessiah that i dont follow trends, truth is much better, though hard for for some people to swallow....

Edited by stylemessiah

stylemessiah

I love all the detailed reasons why NOD32 is such a bad product. Along with the reasons for Apple too.

/sarcasm

I agree that everyone is in their own right to give their own opinion, but what bugs me is when someone talks down on a product or a company and doesn't give anything but silly and ridiculous reasons for their said opinion.

From your post and only what you have provided us, I understand you think of NOD32 as a bad product because it didn't work for you. Why must you stereotype Apple and Apple users so much? So because certain people use macs they're "just dumb sheep following an idiot who wears turtleneck skivvies"? Also, because NOD32 never worked properly for you, you see the need to put them in this ridiculous stereotype you've got for Apple fans. huh.

Anyways, for the topic I use NOD32 on Windows.