2k3 and the amazing disapearing bandwidth

Just had a good look round that windowsxpnu forums and found nothing, out of desperation i went thru the msdn site again. Again nothing.

Doesn't look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel regarding this prob. As there are alot of people with this problem and yet no one knows anything. Very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

oddly enough, i seem to have gained my bandwidth again. now i'm getting 1,000kbps from my isp's usenet servers. it works, so i'm not asking too many questions anymore

fuzz

Did anyone had upload problems? Maybe my problem is not related to Win2k3 server (I only have a normal cable connection, 640/128 kbit/s, and I only had my upload problems a week after I installed the OS). I used to have constant 12 kbyte/s upload in a p2p program but now it varies a lot (random mountain shaped :p). I saw this thread before I upgraded to Win2k3 server and I remembered to check if there was a solution...

Must complain to my isp...

thnx

• 2 weeks later...

COuld be wrong but I think I found the sourse of the bandwith problem. If you go to www.dslreports.com and run a tweak test (look left and find OUR TOOLS) you'll find that the RWIN value in 2k3 is LOW. I think it's around 16000 or 17000. Anyway if you have XP run the same test you will see the RWIN value is around 64000. If you change the RWIN value on Win2K3 to the exact same as Windows XP (64240?) you'll see your downloads go much faster. Worked for me. Also on DSLreports sight is a tool you can download to change the value of the RWIN. Should be on the same page after tweak test finishes. Hope this helps you.