[Official] Dexter Season 4

I actually thought the shift from flashbacks to having Dexter's dad appear on screen in 'daydreams' was pretty clever.

Can't wait for season 4.

Yea I loved having James Remar appear now and then. While I preferred the flashbacks I'm glad we still get to see their interaction together and with Debra getting close to finding out who Dexter's mom was I think it's safe to say we will see more of him in Season 4.

Can't wait for Season 4 :D Looks to be interesting though with Lithgow as well, gives us something to look forward too.

This and Damages are my 'American' must see TV :D

Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed artwork for 4-disc DVD and 3-dics Blu-ray releases of Dexter: The Complete Third Season which stars Michael Hall. DVD Active reports that each will be available to own on August 18. No word on extra material for this one right now. Check out the DVD art below. DEXTER is a crime drama about Dexter Morgan a man who leads a double life as an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department and as an emotionless vigilante serial killer.

88e2vtk54jqz8d6uv5g0.jpg

I liked season 3 better than 2. Lila annoyed me. I need that artwork not distorted for my iTunes collection. :angry:

Edit, Photoshop, you're my bitch :laugh:

post-11142-1243608046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xero

I didn't rate series three as much as one or two, but it still rocked.

Hoping series four is less progressive and more instrumental.

Yeah i didn't think it was great either until Miguel turned psycho. Really thought his acting was top-notch.

I can sooo see John Lithgow in this! He can play a real psycho, watch Raising Cain.

My theroy about something that will happen this season is that FBI Agent Lundy from season 2 will catch onto Dexter! Obviously Deb will probably also, but that kinda teased that at the end of season 3.

Courtney Ford joins Dexter

23545r874n5gi66b0k7g.jpg

Courtney Ford - the sexy star of Alien Raiders - has come aboard the fourth season of Showtime's drama "Dexter" for a multi-episode arc. On "Dexter," which recently cast John Lithgow as Miami's latest serial killer and new nemesis of Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), Ford will play a reporter. The show is a crime drama about Dexter Morgan a man who leads a double life as an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department and as an emotionless vigilante serial killer. It's one of the most popular horror-related shows among genre fans. (Bloody Disgusting)

I'm hoping that all series so far get a Blu-Ray release, just treated myself to a nice 37 inch Bravia so wouldn't mind watching them all again on it :)

Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't seen Dexter S1 or wants to re-watch it.

I have Time Warner Cable and part of the Showtime package is Showtime on Demand. Currently on Showtime on Demand, they have a menu titled "All Things Dexter" which currently has all episodes of S1 on there to view. I'm figuring they'll have S1 on there for so long then S2 and finally S3 as we get closer and closer to the S4 debut.

Question: How about a Dexter scoop, sir? --Mark

Ausiello: We're going to be meeting more of Dexter's neighbors next season. Serial guest star Rick Peters (Veronica Mars, Swingtown, Heroes, Bones, etc) has been cast as Dexter's next-door nabe, Elliott. We'll also be come face-to-face with Elliott's wife as well as and a third neighbor by the name Andy. Hmm? I see an extremely awkward block party in Dex's future.

I'm hoping that all series so far get a Blu-Ray release, just treated myself to a nice 37 inch Bravia so wouldn't mind watching them all again on it :)

I'm right there with you buddy, I got a 37" inch as well. Despite the ad blitz on the 40" that carried a larger mark up. 37" is the perfect size. (Y)

I have a 42" Samsung with my lovely 1080p. Got it for 800 bucks on sale so I'm pretty happy. Still just under 1000 these days, in Canada at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Question: I'm dying for some Dexter scoop. --Meg

Ausiello: Season 4 will herald the arrival of new loves for both Batista and Laguerta. Very happy about the Batista part of that. His love story with the undercover hooker last season made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Dexter Season 4 Trailer Shown at Comic-Con

Let us count the ways Showtime is merchandising Dexter, its serial killer drama! As revealed at Comic-Con today, there will be animated "Dexter Early Cuts" on Showtime.com this fall, a special application for iPhones called "Dexter: The Game," and (strange) action figures of all your favorite Dexter characters. "When I was shooting the pilot, I didn't think it would come to this," groused star Michael C. Hall during the show's packed panel.

But it's the new killer that seems to have the cast most juiced for its Sept. 27 season premiere on Showtime: John Lithgow joins the action this season as the "Trinity" killer, aka "the most successful serial killer ever." The thousands of Dexter fans who filled Ballroom 20 today got a sneak peek of Lithgow's upcoming work, which, naturally, included a scene of him slitting the throat of a helpless brunette. Lithgow, who joined the panel along with the always charming Hall, among others, wouldn't divulge much about his character. But he did joke that his first victim was "High Commander Dick Solomon"—his memorable character on the long-running sitcom Third Rock From the Sun. "This character has so many layers and colors," he teased.

Family and a new baby will figure significantly in the fourth season—the teaser included scenes of a sleep-deprived Dexter failing at his day job as a blood splatter expert—but Hall admitted it's early yet to question whether the apple falls far from the tree. "The baby has yet to exhibit any signs," Hall said. "It's possibly there, lurking."

- Dexter is rocking his newborn baby asleep. He talks to him softly. "Wanna know a secret? Daddy kills people."

- The tag line through this trailer is "Can America's Favorite Serial Killer Really Have It All?"

- We're shown scenes of Dexter living "the life" in suburbia with Rita and her kids. He's tired quite a bit from having to stay up nights with his infant. "Dexter Morgan has everything he wants, except the one thing he needs...time to kill."

- Dexter is tired and careless. He's yawning at work and actually makes a big mistake with his blood work and a killer is set free. A killer he then intends to target himself.

- Dexter's Dark Passenger is calling out to him. It's trapped inside him and needs to be released, but his new life allows little time for it.

- We're shown a glimpse of a new killer. He puts women in a chokehold from behind and whispers, "It's already over." His victim is found in a bathtub.

- Lundy appears and wants Dexter's help in catching The Trinity Killer. Together they team up to try and catch him. Dexter, through research, discovers that Trinity might be the most successful long-term serial killer in history.

- We see awesome clips of John Lithgow, living a suburban life. A little boy on a boardwalk accidentally gets ice cream on him and he thinks nothing of it. We do see that, despite his calm neighborly demeanor, his next victim is the boy's mother. "It's already over."

- We see Dexter finally in the middle of his ritual - with the killer he accidentally set free...Rita calls him right in the middle of it. She needs him to go get medicine for their baby. Dexter hangs up. "Kids, huh," Dexter says to his gagged victim.