plasma tv stored in freezing degree weather will it still work

I dont want to explain. but my sisters 50inch plasma rental tv with insurance has been stored this winter in her house with no heat as she has been over here at my parents place/

the tv hasnt been turned on in 5 months and we've had 9 degree weatherabout 33 times this year with a week in the 20's/

will this tv ever work again. like when its moved after setting for a few hours(how many) for it to warm up before turning on or will the plasma gas separate and not work anymore

• 2 weeks later...

NEED HELP will this tv still work even though its been stored in single digit temps? and summer hot tripple digit temps?

its a LG 50inch plasma 1080i

Make sure you give it time to return to room temperature before you turn it on and then give it a try. Starting it up cold isn't a very good idea but if you let it thaw out first you've got better odds.

The temperatures will not harm the inside of the TV. It will make the plastic casing easier to brake. The only thing you need to do it make sure the tv has reached room temp before turning it on since it will create condensation.

Bring it up to room temperature, and make sure there isn't any condensation (moisture) visible. Your problem isn't with the gas in the tube, but damp dust on circuit boards and around any HV power supplies. If it was stored in a cold, dry atmosphere, it should be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...
op probably wanted to know if he needed to do anything to stop it from breaking when he turned it on before he turned it on ;)

thank you

Rule of thumb, let it sit ~24 hours at room temp, then it should work just fine

i tested it the other day.. it was about 60 degrees F insode and 70 degrees F outside turned it on saw a snowny picture( no imput data i didnt have a way to test other systems. and sound functyioned.. unless pictures would be shosty. when i saw the no imput popping up across the snowy screen i saw some ghosting across the screen but that could be a cold set its self