Is this a good TV Setup to purchase?

Hi,

I have been considering getting a new LCD TV to replace our ageing Sony CRT screen. I am looking at 37" HD Ready screens which are capable of displaying 1080p pictures and having a number of HDMI connections for additional equipment. As I am in the UK I have been considering the Panasonic TX37LZD81 as it will come with a freesat tuner built in, which will remove the need to purchase an external set top box. In the future we are going to consider getting a Hard Disk recorder, probably one with a built in freesat tuner so we can record one channel while watching another etc.

Is this the best way to go, or is buying a different TV along with a freesat tuner a better idea? Anybody have any experience with this TV range?

Would it also be possible with the 3 HDMI sockets with this TV to connect a DVD player, AV System, Hard Disk Recorder and Playstation 3 up easily?

You wouldn't need a DVD player if you have a Playstation 3. Plus, the PS3 has a 'PlayTV' like dongle which you plug into it which gives you HDD recording capabilities etc. Worth looking into.

For the television set I would say ?800. Further on from that the AV system about ?250 and Speakers ?100. Looks interesting NeoFlux, thanks.

with ?800 you have a huUUuge variety of very good tvs to chose from.

(see my thread there are a couple of good tvs mentioned there

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=722378

)

i just got a 40" 720p LCD Samsung for ?460 and its AWE:)ME :)

i'd suggest looking at the 8 series samsung, its omgwtfbbq amazing, so thin so good (so expen:(ve :( )

also go to www.dixons.co.uk they have very good offers and prices on tvs

what brand do you favour?