Safari browser on a pc?

Will we see Apple's browser make it to the PC?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will we see Apple's browser make it to the PC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Everyonce in awhile I here about a new release of Safari for the mac os, and was wondering will we ever see this browser on the pc?

Well there is the poll, post away with your answers...

:( that aint good, leave atleast some doubt, I mean it's just a browser...could be apple's way of getting more pc users to use their products to make them "switch"

I threw up a maybe tho ;)

apple could care less about putting anything other than quicktime out for pc user consumption.

However most of Safari is open sourse so there is nothing to prevent Microsoft from switching to khtml in IE7

Hmm.. well Safari uses KHTML rendering engine.. which is also used in Konquerer the browser that comes with KDE for linux.. so in some ways.. Safari is already on the PC :s

--WeeJames

apple, is apple. Why would they want to port their browser over to PC. They want people to switch to mac from pc. If they port all their apps to pc, why would people switch?

apple would have nothing to gain by putting out software for the PC. their main sales goal is hardware. if they port their software to the x86 side of the computing universe, there would not be as much of an incentive to buy their hardware.

with that said, you will never see safari, iTunes, or OS X on a PC.

myie2_user:

IE7 is supposed to be the last browser MS will integrate with windows. MSN explorer is going to be the next thing used for internet browsing once IE kicks the bucket.

rumors going are a spell check, pop up limiter, and some tabbed browsing that is different than mozilla or netscape

IE is less of a resource hog than MSN explorer is as far as a browser is concerned. if IE does leave the market and it isn't installed via windows, i'll go straight to mozilla.

I use mostly macs these days, I use a PC almost everyday as well..... And EXCEPT for the cool Safari interface the Phoenix browser is almost identical... BTW Not to start a browser war or anything but for the most unbloated browser out there I suggest Phoenix... I find it's also about 2 or 3 X's faster than Opera... The previous speed king... Just my opinions...

- Primalgoo :alien:

lol, i think the people that voted yes read only the title of the thread and thought that this poll is "do you want Safari for windows?" :p