Yamaha HTY 760 Help !

Hi Guys

Ok, so i got my new Yamaha HTY 760 audio system last night and i have my PC and PS3 hooked up to it.

The PS3 is working great, the sound is brill and was also very easy to set up.

The PC on the other hand is a different story. I have connected the PC to the soundbar using HDMI cable for the video and for audio i am using the standard audio cable with the 3.5mm jack going in to the PC soundcard.

When i switch the sound bar to Aux on the controller i can see my desktop on the TV, but i cant get any sound.

To get the sound i have to change VCR mode, and then i don't have a picture...

Has anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Matthew

I don't know this system first hand, but I dug up the manual for it, and it seems you can map the audio channel to one of your HDMI inputs. In other words, you should be able to hook up the VCR analogue sound input to your AUX (or DVD) HDMI input.

You can find this setting under "Set menu" -> "Manual Setup" -> "Input Menu". Or check your manual :p But I think your problem lies there. :)

I had a look at the manual and i see what i need to do, i just cant get the menu screen to show up on my TV.

I have my PS3 and media centre pc hooked up and have tried to get the menu on both of these modes but no joy.....

Hmm. bummer. Maybe connect only the HTY-760 to your television and dis-connect everything else (like your ps3 and media centre?). As far as I can see it should display the menu without problems, wish I could be of more help. :)

I had a look at the manual and i see what i need to do, i just cant get the menu screen to show up on my TV.

I have my PS3 and media centre pc hooked up and have tried to get the menu on both of these modes but no joy.....

I don't have a Yamaha, but seems like it's doing the same thing as my Harman. To get the receiver menu on your TV, you need to hook it up with the basic composite TV out (RCA plug) of your receiver to your TV. Turn on your TV, select the composite input and then, on your receiver, press MENU... And you should get something on-screen.

Hope this work for you.