[Boxing] Hatton vs Pacquiao

Manny Signs the Fight for May!

Following weeks of contract negotiations Ricky Hatton now appears certain to take on Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas on May 2.

The Filipino has signed a contract for the fight after agreeing to a 50-50 purse split with the Manchester's world light-welterweight champion.

Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer, acting on behalf of Hatton, has a copy of the contract which now just requires the British fighter's signature.

"It is on its way to me and I'm pretty confident it will be all right and everything will be fine," said Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams.

"All this talk about us making different offers is just nonsense. We reached one agreement and we didn't offer anything else."

Williams on Thursday stated the fight was 'dead in the water' following reports that Pacquiao was not satisfied with the pay structure, but the pound-for-pound king appears to have had a last minute change of heart.

• 3 months later...

I hope Hatton can do, been watching 24/7 for the past few weeks, its going to be some fight....

Mayweather Snr is a **** though......

Am i right in saying its on around 3am GMT time?

Yep thats when coverage on Radio 5 starts.

Hatton didn't turn up it seems :laugh:

Manny vs Mayweather make it happen.

nope but it seams Batista showed his face lol

If Mayweather is smart, he won't step into the ring with this beast. Only if he's desperate for money.

Yeah I can see Mayweather stepping around him, he has Marquez in July but that should really be his swansong because if not he will for sure lose his zero.

• 2 weeks later...

Go Manny go! Proud to be a Filipino! Hatton really suffered only two rounds and lights out! Could this be Pacquiao and Mayweather the next dream fight?