20,000 Pushups for Neowin

got whole section to drop and do 20 so add in 6x20=120 + 3997 = 4117

It's almost like folding at home for humans lulz even though fairly routine for me and i hate doing them :(

got whole section to drop and do 20 so add in 6x20=120 + 3997 = 4117

It's almost like folding at home for humans lulz even though fairly routine for me and i hate doing them :(

:laugh: rofl. I'm so easily amused hahaha :p

does bench pressing my weight count? It's a bit more endurance considering a pushup only requires you to lift your upper body.

If it was a 20,000 bench presses thread, yeah definitely.

Nope. Unless you're in the marines who put great importance in cardio and stamina, it's "useless".

At some point, pushups just become a resistance & cardio exercise. You're not gaining any strength whether you're doing 50 or 100 or 200 of the same movement. Changing the style of the pushup will improve your strength, such as doing one arm push up or the planche push up.

Besides, most people can barely do 20 normal pushups, so from what I'm seeing here we're doing pretty good.

I do gorilla push ups (Push up off the ground entirely, then slap your chest as to imitate a gorilla, afterwords plant your hands on the ground) to get my blood pumping before a run. Does that count as changing the style?

+50

I do gorilla push ups (Push up off the ground entirely, then slap your chest as to imitate a gorilla, afterwords plant your hands on the ground) to get my blood pumping before a run. Does that count as changing the style?

+50

Yeah that would count as changing the style, it is similar to a clap pushup. Other variations people could try are one legged pushups, pushup grips, one arm pushups, raised feet, wide and narrow hand placement, weighted pushups, and it goes on...

As long as you change your style regurlarly and keep adding resistance and not reps you shouldn't end up just doing cardio. A great article on bodyweight exercises here, a good read for anyone interested :p

+60

Nope. Unless you're in the marines who put great importance in cardio and stamina, it's "useless".

At some point, pushups just become a resistance & cardio exercise. You're not gaining any strength whether you're doing 50 or 100 or 200 of the same movement. Changing the style of the pushup will improve your strength, such as doing one arm push up or the planche push up.

Though we do them quite often and have to do them in recruiting tests (New Zealand Army) they are more dished out as punishment then actually being done for any real point since the large packs and webbing and things we slug around usually do most the resistance and stamina training. If they want us to do any excersizes which actually benefit us it's usually crunches/sit ups.