question on a dvd player with HD Upconversion

Hi,

my current dvd player is about to crap out on me, so i'm looking for a new one, and i saw these dvd player with HD upconversion.

Is it worth the extra money to get on with that feature? its says it converts digital out to 1080p. Does it really work? i have a 720p 32" tv.

Thanks

They work with varying success. At this point, you can get one for nearly the same price as a regular dvd player, so there's no reason not to go the upconverting route.

Hi,

my current dvd player is about to crap out on me, so i'm looking for a new one, and i saw these dvd player with HD upconversion.

Is it worth the extra money to get on with that feature? its says it converts digital out to 1080p. Does it really work? i have a 720p 32" tv.

Thanks

i see the ps3 game card in your sig... do you have that hooked up via HDMI.. if so.. I am pretty sure that does a decent job at upconverting standard DVDs...

i see the ps3 game card in your sig... do you have that hooked up via HDMI.. if so.. I am pretty sure that does a decent job at upconverting standard DVDs...

Good eye. I didn't even see that.

lol duh, never even thought about just using my ps3, i gotta get a hdmi cable though, i have it hooked to my computer monitor right now with a hdmi to dvi cable.

But thank you, ill have to look around for a hdmi cable. i went to bestbuy today, and there prices are ridiculous for the cables, like $40 for one.i'm sure i can find them cheaper on amazon or something.

Thanks guys.

lol duh, never even thought about just using my ps3, i gotta get a hdmi cable though, i have it hooked to my computer monitor right now with a hdmi to dvi cable.

But thank you, ill have to look around for a hdmi cable. i went to bestbuy today, and there prices are ridiculous for the cables, like $40 for one.i'm sure i can find them cheaper on amazon or something.

Thanks guys.

Look at monoprice.com

If you don't mind having the PS3 fan spin and whine while watching a movie. That's my worst gripe about the PS3 (I use it for Blu-Ray movies).

I'd go for a stand-alone player just to avoid the noise.

I use my ps3 for movies mainly! I even have a 1.5 TB Extenal Drive on my ps3 with 30+ Blu Ray movies on there that I got! 1080P. Looks and sounds amazing!!! deff. would recomend you do that.