Neowin Fantasy Baseball Season 2009

I have created the Neowin Fantasy Baseball League over at ESPN, since they give yo free live stats, I believe. Also, we have switched to a rotisserie system instead of head to head. Hopefully, it keeps people in the fray a little longer than in previous years.

ESPN Fantasy Baseball League Information:

Join League: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/join?leagueId=10241

View League: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=10241

Password: neowinRox

Live Draft: Saturday, Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:00pm EST

Current Teams and Owners:

1. Brooklyn Bang (bangbang023)

2. New York Undeniable (Chrismvilla)

3. BMac's Bat Boys (BMac)

4. Palm City Pansies (Purple Haze)

5. Delaware Destroyers ( ? )

6. SaucE Monsters (SaucE)

7. Toronto Diamond Dragons (Fred Derf)

8. Antarctica Eskimos (Arkantos™)

9. Brooklyn Brooklyn Porkas ( ? )

10. Mumble's Minions (virtualmadden)

There are 10 slots available so I ask that only serious contenders apply. If you plan on leaving half way through the season, don't sign up. If a second league is needed, it will be created.

Please post your team name here so we can keep track on the list above.

Edited by bangbang023

Chrismvilla (my room mate) has joined the league as New York Undeniable.

I will make posts like this for every member who joins the league

Bmac and Purple Haze have been added to the list. I need to know who owns the Delaware Destroyers.

Thanks for joining guys. Five more spots left!

Nope. With the new them it took me a few minutes to figure out how to read it. Couldn't find a link from the main page, had to come to the forums to read it.

I was initially disappointed that I'd have to check both Yahoo and ESPN but I did sign up for this.

Incidentally...

did you know we at ESPN Fantasy offer auction-draft capability for free?

Actually, I didn't know that. Is that something we'd consider?

What is that?

Instead of someone having the 1st pick and someone else having the 10th pick randomly selected, we would all be given a fixed amount of play money and we would use that money to bid on players based on what value we think they bring to a fantasy team.

i.e. If I was given $500 in auction money, I might want to offer 25% (or more) of my player budget for A-Fraud or I might want to save some cash for some sleeper mid-range hits. If you bid too high for your top players then you may have to fill out your team with whomever is left that you can afford (i.e. waiver-wire quality players).

In short, it's more complex and there is more strategy involved (especially if you target players that others don't).

I have created the Neowin Fantasy Baseball League over at ESPN, since they give yo free live stats, I believe. Also, we have switched to a rotisserie system instead of head to head. Hopefully, it keeps people in the fray a little longer than in previous years.

ESPN Fantasy Baseball League Information:

Join League: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/join?leagueId=10241

View League: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=10241

Password: neowinRox

Live Draft: Saturday, Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:00pm EST

Current Teams and Owners:

1. Brooklyn Bang (bangbang023)

2. New York Undeniable (Chrismvilla)

3. BMac's Bat Boys (BMac)

4. Palm City Pansies (Purple Haze)

5. Delaware Destroyers ( ? )

6. SaucE Monsters (SaucE)

7. Toronto Diamond Dragons (Fred Derf)

There are 10 slots available so I ask that only serious contenders apply. If you plan on leaving half way through the season, don't sign up. If a second league is needed, it will be created.

Please post your team name here so we can keep track on the list above.

Never done a fantasy baseball, football anything. So once i get home ill join, my work firewall is blocking the games.espn url. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to sound selfish but it's worth a try. Any chance we can move the draft? I won't be available Saturday at 2PM. If it is not possible that's cool I was just hoping to actually be there for the draft this year :(

Unfortunately, it's not possible. I missed last year's draft, so I know how it feels. I told my girlfriend (who I usually only see on weekends) that she has to share our time together with the draft this year lol

Unfortunately, it's not possible. I missed last year's draft, so I know how it feels. I told my girlfriend (who I usually only see on weekends) that she has to share our time together with the draft this year lol

That's cool man. Unfortunately for me that line isn't going to fly :p Ah well I'll try to rank as much as I can and hope for the best.